The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roush Lower Control Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am interested in the roush Lower control arms, billet with rubber bushings.

Currently I have the OEM track Pack lca installed. Unlike most people upgrading to lca with poly bushings, I am trying to keep nvh at a minimum as this is a road car.

Will those roush lca offer an improvement as those bushings are OEM ford. I am guessing it's the same rubber from the track Pack control arm. So the main body of the lca is more stout. Is it worth the upgrade?

Also will they work on the Ford racings lca brackets?

In addition to the above. If I was to install the roush third link/upper control arm which is non adjustable and rubber bushings, would both of these items cause bad geometry as the pinion angle cannot be adjusted? Bare in mind the car is lowered on eibach pro springs.

I'm also guessing with a non adjustable uca and lca I cannot use a single aluminum driveshaft?

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Will those roush lca offer an improvement as those bushings are OEM ford. I am guessing it's the same rubber from the track Pack control arm. So the main body of the lca is more stout. Is it worth the upgrade?
First question when people announce a general desire to make "an improvement" in their car's suspension . . . what kind or kinds of behavior, exactly, are you're trying to fix/improve? What's the car doing that you'd rather it not do? What does it do sort of OK-ish that you'd like to have it do better?

Norm

First question when people announce a general desire to make "an improvement" in their car's suspension . . . what kind or kinds of behavior, exactly, are you're trying to fix/improve? What's the car doing that you'd rather it not do? What does it do sort of OK-ish that you'd like to have it do better?

Norm

The improvement I am trying to make is linked to my other thread on making my mustang driveable on the streets again. I had installed whiteline lca and lca brackets. It caused a rear end whine at 65-80mph when letting of the gas.
I reinstalled the track Pack lca and noise was gone. I know because the car is lowered with the Bilstein B12 kit, b6 struts and shock, eibach pro kit springs that I need lca brackets.

I want the ford racing lca relocation brackets but cannot use OEM track Pack LCA.

The only other alternative lca that seems to be better with rubber Ford bushings are these roush lca.

The original plan was to improve all around handling and grip. Now I am trying to improve the ride quality in the street.

Looking at the ends of the roush lca, they are a similar profile to OEM therefore I'm certain they are not wide enough to fit in the Ford racing lca brackets. However in theory they should work with the che brackets.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
I don't think LCA width (meaning through the bushing sleeve) is the problem. More likely that it's the vertical height of the arm that could foul the lateral bolt that's inserted through the OE bracket holes. Tubular LCAs with rod ends or polyurethane bushings aren't as tall.

I think you can get around that by using two short fasteners (bolt heads on the insides of the OE bracket sides, nuts on the outside of the relo bracket).

BMR makes the following note for their relo bracket kit. I suspect it's the two-short-bolts mod they're talking about.
NOTE: When using CAB005 with stock rear lower control arms, modification may be necessary to position control arms in upper mounting positions.

I suppose you could also insert the bolts through the OE location holes long enough to weld the relo brackets to the OE brackets, and then remove them.

I'm afraid that I saw this thread without having any idea that there even was a related thread. Sorry.

Norm

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The clearance issue with stock arms and the Ford brackets is the clearance to the back of the bracket. And the clearance is worse in the lower position.

TMO Supporting Vendors