The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roush Side splitters installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I got the roush side splitters on yesterday. They look great I am very happy with the look. Makes the car look lower to the ground and really ties into the front splitter. I am going to get the rear ones to finish the look here in a few weeks.
247084_584289821603593_1709856407_n.jpg

428566_584290024936906_812257501_n.jpg

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
any tips / tricks / gotchas?

Any issues with getting a jack on the pinch weld?

Been thinking about these (mainly because my OEM ones are pitted to hell from running R-comps).

Thanks!

Justin

JScheier said:
any tips / tricks / gotchas?

Any issues with getting a jack on the pinch weld?

Been thinking about these (mainly because my OEM ones are pitted to hell from running R-comps).

Thanks!
I didnt check the pinch weld area to be honest. I dont jack my car in those spots ever. but for you will I check :)

now they are only the bottom portion not the entire side skirt.
[pdf]http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/instructions/rsh-420092instructions.pdf[/pdf]

they are really easy to install. the only thing is the rear most spot where you put a strip of double sided tape is shorter then the other three areas so you will want to trim them to fit for the rear.

Justin

Tucson302 said:
Those look great!
they really do! I keep looking at them and looking at them. should have bought them right off the bat. they really finish the look of the car. once I get the rear ones it will be even better.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
that looks superb....come to think of it..I am starting to hate this forum. Makes me wanna buy stuff. Ok so my WALLET hates this forum haha.

Justin

BOSS343 said:
that looks superb....come to think of it..I am starting to hate this forum. Makes me wanna buy stuff. Ok so my WALLET hates this forum haha.
lol as you can see my list below my wallet hates me as well. I am missing things on the list too. I keep a mod list/maint log on the car to keep track.

this mod doesnt break the bank like some of the things people got around here lol.

Im also interested in knowing if the splitters cover the pinch welds, since i use the pinch welds to jack up the car.
i browsed through the installation guide, but didn't see a clear picture of the underside showing the pinch welds.

Can you get away without drilling?
EDIT: just read the drilling instructions, are you only drilling in the plastic panel, and nothing metal?

F.D. Sako said:
Im also interested in knowing if the splitters cover the pinch welds, since i use the pinch welds to jack up the car.
i browsed through the installation guide, but didn't see a clear picture of the underside showing the pinch welds.

Can you get away without drilling?
EDIT: just read the drilling instructions, are you only drilling in the plastic panel, and nothing metal?
No problems jacking up the car and it's one hole on each side in the plastic. They're really a silly mod but I do like them. For me they make the car look lower to the ground.

IMG_1298.jpg

Very nice Justin, thanks for posting.

May have to look for these while we are attending Carlisle this year.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
NFSBOSS said:
None of the independent vendors but if you see a Goggle ad for Summit, Late Model Restoration or CJ Pony click it and order to help support BMO. ;)

I didn't know that, just ordered from CJ Pony yesterday glad to help out!

TMO Supporting Vendors