The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roush Side splitters installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On CJ's installation video, after the initial push-pin & 3M tape install they also drilled 5 additional holes underneath into the body rocker area... is that really necessary?? I'd hate to drill extra holes... :-\

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21P5acrPGFE[/youtube]

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yeah it is the front will flop in the wind if you dont. without them its not that rigid. dont worry once you get it on you wont be taking them back off cause they look awesome.

The Rip said:
I just watched the video, these look really cool. Are they functional or just for looks?
The rumor is they add 2 lbs of downforce above 150 MPH. ;) They do help keep stuff flying off your wheels from hitting your car.

Justin

WorldFamousZ said:
I just purchased mine from CJ Pony, Can't wait to get em installed :)
I couldnt either. something so simple made the car look so much better. functional or not they are a must have to me.

on a side note. I have since coated all my plastic and trim with 22ple VR1 and that product is just amazing looks like I just applied vrt all the time even after a few washes and couldnt be any easier to apply.

if I get enough interest in the product I plan to cover their entire line up cause I have all off their products sitting on my detail cart.

Anyone have a picutre of these on a SBY Boss? I'm tempted. Hate drilling into the car but mine is a daily driver anyway so a few modifications arent really going to matter down the road by the time I ever sell this car.

Twins said:
Anyone have a picutre of these on a SBY Boss? I'm tempted. Hate drilling into the car but mine is a daily driver anyway so a few modifications arent really going to matter down the road by the time I ever sell this car.

i have a set waiting to put on mine, hopefully soon

Twins said:

I was worried about the drilling as well, but looks like you're only drilling into the plastic piece that's on the rocker panel. So, worst thing that could happen is replace the plastic piece. And that is what i'm using to convince myself into getting these lol.

Justin

F.D. Sako said:
I was worried about the drilling as well, but looks like you're only drilling into the plastic piece that's on the rocker panel. So, worst thing that could happen is replace the plastic piece. And that is what i'm using to convince myself into getting these lol.
true you are only drilling into the plastic piece.

and with these on it helps protect the paint some more on the side of the car so its an added bonus

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel