The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roush side splitters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone installed the Roush side splitters on a 2013 Boss yet? Do you have to make any modifications to the splitters before installing them? Also does the side axhaust affect installing them? Do you actually have to drill into metal under the car, and if so aren't you worried about them rusting?

Same procedure as a 2012. No worries with the installation.

P1020843.jpg

Were you guys not worried about drilling into the underside metal of the car? I would think it will promote rust due to bare metal at the holes.

No drilling into metal is required.....these are an easy, neat addition to the car...installation is to clean the rockers.....pull the push pins and discard....hang the side splitters with new push pins....remove the plastic on the 3m tape and push the splitter up to the old rockers and drill 5 holes into the plastic for more push pins.....I did mine in an hour without jacking the car up off the garage floor (I have a 90 degree drill). Wayne (Yellow Blaze #1521)

wnenn said:
No drilling into metal is required.....these are an easy, neat addition to the car...installation is to clean the rockers.....pull the push pins and discard....hang the side splitters with new push pins....remove the plastic on the 3m tape and push the splitter up to the old rockers and drill 5 holes into the plastic for more push pins.....I did mine in an hour without jacking the car up off the garage floor (I have a 90 degree drill). Wayne (Yellow Blaze #1521)
Wnenn - did you do this on a 2012 or 2013? Isn't the 2013 rocker panel metal and the 2012 plastic?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The place where you drill the additional holes has no metal above it. The shape of the rocker panel varies as you move from front to back on the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors