The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Roush Stage 3 cars 2002-2004

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone here have any experience with these cars? Say 2002-2004 360R or the 380R for autocross or a light track day? Those cars are so bad azz looking I think. The limited data available on them suggests they run quite well but of course they are very limited in number. I know Patient zero posted a video of some track time in one. I think they would really turn heads just cruising down the road or rolling into a car show. Thanks and hope all had a great turkey day.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Just saw this. My car is a Stage II so it's just missing the supercharger. Aside from the bigger brakes I don't think it's any different from driving a GT for the most part. Slightly higher spring rates I think. There isn't anything factory left on my car at this point though. What exactly are you trying to find out?

I'm curious about their overall drive ability versus the higher price tag. A Roush equipped stage 3 car doubled in price from a stock GT, coming in at $51,000 to $52,000 depending on options. I was wondering how well they handle in stock form. The 0-60 times and quarter mile times are available online. It's not a car that you see too often and it's one I think I'm going to put on my wish list. They look cool for sure. Thanks.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. A lightly modded GT would run circles around it. I stock S197 would embarrass it. It's a 20 year old car on a 50 year old suspension design. It's fun for sure but very dated.

Thanks for your insight. Clarifies it for me. I'm mesmerized by the rarity of a Roush car, but it sounds like there are better cost options available. I think I'll go back to looking for a nice clean low mileage convertible with an automatic for the Mrs. It would be nice for her to have her own toy.

TMO Supporting Vendors