The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roval suspension and camber set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys. I'm trying to go to ROVAL autoclub in fontana.
Roval is half oval and half inside track.
Big left parabolic t1 and a couple of big left turns. Questions:

1 Suspension: would you set up compression differently left to right?
2. Camber. Same or different?
3. Tire pressure : diff Psi on A7 ?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

calspeedrovaltrack.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
This thread has a lot of tire info specific to ACS Roval. Personally I don’t change anything setup wise on my car, however tire rotation is a must because the LF will wear on the inside shoulder and RF will wear on the outside shoulder. Hoosier published a specific Roval doc as well recommending higher pressures.

sfo
Alex,

What I found is that the mustang kills A7 tires. The LF inside cords on my car if I set up for equal negative camber. I ran less camber on LF at ACS and it helpped a lot including the highest tire pressures I have ever run and got my lowest laptimes at ACS on A7's with this heavy car at 3700lbs no aero. I ran RF -2.5 but want -3.5 but waiting on OP spacers to get there. I ran -1.7 on the LF and it improved tire wear dramatically. I find A7's only good for 30 mins when brand new on the mustang on every track I have run so far. Nasty nasty tire wear! It is like I need a new set of tires every race weekend...nasty.

Alex,

What I found is that the mustang kills A7 tires. The LF inside cords on my car if I set up for equal negative camber. I ran less camber on LF at ACS and it helpped a lot including the highest tire pressures I have ever run and got my lowest laptimes at ACS on A7's with this heavy car at 3700lbs no aero. I ran RF -2.5 but want -3.5 but waiting on OP spacers to get there. I ran -1.7 on the LF and it improved tire wear dramatically. I find A7's only good for 30 mins when brand new on the mustang on every track I have run so far. Nasty nasty tire wear! It is like I need a new set of tires every race weekend...nasty.
Thanks.
I think i will go from 3.5 to 4 with A7.
and bringing the inside probably at 2.5

Tlk to u tomorrow

I don't think it's a compound issue, I think it's a load issue.
You're gonna have to maintain the tires through the oval part, pick a high line unless you need to pass someone, get it done and get back up top.

TMO Supporting Vendors