The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Royal Purple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I am looking at changing my transmission and rear differential fluid. I am stationed in Germany and have Royal Purple available to me there. Does anyone have any experience with Royal Purple SYNCHROMAX – MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID? Also, Royal Purple MAX GEAR – HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR OIL in 75W-140? If anyone has used these products and has feedback or recommendations it would be appreciated.

Thanks

A friend of mine installed the RP products in his 2012 Boss tranny and diff and it is working fine. I'm running Redline in mine and it is also working fine.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Fly - Rumor (and only that) is that RP uses graphite in their lubricants which can promote sludge and excessive wear. I have no idea is this is true and have yet to find any empirical evidence to disprove the negative press you can find in forums, however it has made me personally leery about using RP in my high performance vehicles. I use Castrol, Motul and Redline products in my Boss as well as in my former track cars and have never had an issue.

In Germany, I would assume the following would be available, if not many more brands I am unaware of: Motul, Castrol, Elf, Agip

Sesshomurai

Flyboygsxr said:
I am looking at changing my transmission and rear differential fluid. I am stationed in Germany and have Royal Purple available to me there. Does anyone have any experience with Royal Purple SYNCHROMAX – MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID? Also, Royal Purple MAX GEAR – HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR OIL in 75W-140? If anyone has used these products and has feedback or recommendations it would be appreciated.

Thanks

I use it. Works great. I've tracked the car a few times with it.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I will be using RP in my engine after I dump the Motorcrap oil. I will also be installing an oil catch can this winter (leaning towards the Moroso model as shown on a BMO thread) and will be checking the can carefully. My guess is that my car won't accumulate a lot in the can as my car hasn't required me to add oil since new. Looks like the level has moved down the hash marks on the dipstick maybe an 1/8th of an inch from dead center.

I'll report back next spring on how my Boss likes RP, as well as the OA report on the Motorcrap fill.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
What was that tell you about long term adverse effect to the engine, for example affects of graphite additives? I think the lab analysis info is very valuable but it's not the whole story.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
darreng505 said:
Flyboygsxr said:

Thanks

I use it. Works great. I've tracked the car a few times with it.
Thanks everybody for the reply. That is why I love this forum, there is a lot of knowledge and experience in our forum and we share it. I am going to give Royal Purple a shot in the Boss. I use all of their products in my truck and so far so good. To the comment on buying other oils available in Germany...I try to avoid buying on the German economy because you end up paying twice as much for the same product. Thanks again

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Just completed my RP oil change & Fumoto valve install last Sunday. Very pleased with how it runs and drives. 8.5 qts went right up to the 2nd dot on the stick, and I don't anticipate it moving much at all off that mark for a long time. I was lucky to get one of the Boss engines that doesn't gulp oil. Ooorah! Pix and vid coming in another thread...

mine does not use it either. im also a lucky one.
graphite from what i know will contaminate the o2 sensors. with the car being a wide band setup i think thats why they are asking for a low graphite ppm count. but does 100-200 ppm really change the ball game?

TMO Supporting Vendors