The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 RTR Track Line Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice mods so far and the car looks great , but just wondering on your future project with the Supercharger if you are looking at developing it as more of a drag strip machine than a road course beast? Notice your pics above , so you have two of these mellow yellow Stangs?

Nevermind , answered my own question as noticed your " Build Thread " under S550 Daily --- wow , you do have two yellow GT siblings !!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Jersey
I'm guessing he uploaded two profiles for the same car, but can we confirm that first @Redlinecoyote before I remove one of them?
Sorry about the confusion guys but for some reason when I updated it duplicated the post :( I remained the post “daily” the automatic one as for the post that can be deleted. The original manual car is the post that can remain to stay.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Jersey
Nice mods so far and the car looks great , but just wondering on your future project with the Supercharger if you are looking at developing it as more of a drag strip machine than a road course beast? Notice your pics above , so you have two of these mellow yellow Stangs?

Nevermind , answered my own question as noticed your " Build Thread " under S550 Daily --- wow , you do have two yellow GT siblings !!
Hey Bill, noticed your build and I’m slightly jealous lol, I’m aiming to go more road course. Everyone is saying go twins, more power. But a blower would be just fine considering the car will be in peak rpm ranges more frequently.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Everyone has their own opinion, and I lean away from Supercharging the cars for cooling issues and going after the tires, brakes and suspension primarily. Sure you can do some N/A engine stuff , but over the years I have seen so much heat soak with S/Cs and putting even more weight on the front end seems to upset the balance , is harder on brakes and just does not seem to be an advantage at most tracks. Again , my opinion and others do disagree , and there are exceptions --- the GT 500 comes to mind, ha,ha.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Have to agree with Bill, anyone can put boost on a car and go like hell up the straight, but the real fun and skill in road courses is the corners! And that's where the speed is too. My stock engined car humbles blown cars regularly and it is intensely satisfying to be able to do that.
When you get going really fast there's a ton of maintenance that needs to be done regularly and boosted motors are going to increase that need even more. More HP = more money spent......

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Jersey
Everyone has their own opinion, and I lean away from Supercharging the cars for cooling issues and going after the tires, brakes and suspension primarily. Sure you can do some N/A engine stuff , but over the years I have seen so much heat soak with S/Cs and putting even more weight on the front end seems to upset the balance , is harder on brakes and just does not seem to be an advantage at most tracks. Again , my opinion and others do disagree , and there are exceptions --- the GT 500 comes to mind, ha,ha.
I like how you threw the gt500 in there haha nice touch. I’m going to definitely have to improve suspension on this once I go wider. Like you were saying it would be a better advantage by far. And a must do considering I will be throwing the cars geo off with wide stance.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Jersey
Have to agree with Bill, anyone can put boost on a car and go like hell up the straight, but the real fun and skill in road courses is the corners! And that's where the speed is too. My stock engined car humbles blown cars regularly and it is intensely satisfying to be able to do that.
When you get going really fast there's a ton of maintenance that needs to be done regularly and boosted motors are going to increase that need even more. More HP = more money spent......
Totally just checked out your build and I don’t even know where to start lol. By far this is definitely a track car. Your future plans are telling me you don’t take this to your local grocery store haha. I’m not a fan of the drag strip, like you both said, it’s about hugging the corners and coming out strong to get back into the next turn smoothly. I will cover all suspension components before thinking about power. Like you were saying that’s even more of a money headache. I was possibly thinking going e85 for extra power gains considering I don’t drive the car often... but that seems like another headache waiting ahead. Also 93 is easier to get in my area compared to the 45min driver for fifteen gallons of 85. Thoughts? Or just keep with the suspension and have fun while doing it?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The suspension is good, just make sure you get some bigass rims and rubber prior to go with it. Little donuts with big power mean powdering them with torque!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel