The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RTR Trunk panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fellas and ladies,

I am curious if I installed the RTR trunk panel would it detract from you purchasing a used Boss 302? I know it's a personal choice, both as an owner and as a buyer. But looking for a consensus.

http://mustang-rtr.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage-1/products/rtr-mustang-rear-decklid-applique-with-logo

Dave

As long as you don't "Cut" or Modify the body/Plastic panels, I think you will be fine.. just be sure to keep all the stock parts, because someone will want them someday...

Thanks for the replies.

USNjocson
It would be the 'stock nazis' that I can see rejecting buying a 302 that has had a modification like this.

rpm3dinc
The install does require the removal of the 'hump behind the faux cap. I figured I can cut it out as one piece with the ability to weld it back in and reinstall the factory panel, then no one would know the difference.

Chefron50
Do you have a photo to share?

Thanks again!

TMO Supporting Vendors