The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Running Supercharger with Track Key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I heard Roush has a new more efficient supercharger that works well with the 302's. Just seeing if anyone has experience with new setups for 20-30 min open track sessions. The car has Kooks headers and exhaust front to back. No engine mods. At about 485hp right now.

Yeah, was wondering about that. My understanding is the new Roush setup works well with the boss but I am guess with the standard key.

Justin said:
A tune is going to be required so no matter the key the factory tune isn't going to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. With the low HP gain for a supercharger, might be a lightweight (smaller) supercharger with modest boost to live within the bosses stock components, but I'm only guessing since I haven't seen anything on it at all.

GTMikey said:
I heard Roush has a new more efficient supercharger that works well with the 302's. Just seeing if anyone has experience with new setups for 20-30 min open track sessions. The car has Kooks headers and exhaust front to back. No engine mods. At about 485hp right now.

How are you making 485 horsepower right now without any engine mods?

TMO Supporting Vendors