The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RX7 SCCA Race car Build Thread Profile - Non Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
KC
I’m confused…which admittedly is not a difficult task, but is your name and associated build thread an obvious kick in the teeth or are you just being funny?

I know if I were a mod what my response would be.
Relax, I haven't posted pics of my Mustangs yet. I started using the Mustanghammer user ID when I was autoxing a Foxbody in C Prepared.

I’m confused…which admittedly is not a difficult task, but is your name and associated build thread an obvious kick in the teeth or are you just being funny?

I know if I were a mod what my response would be.
Anytime you add a vehicle to your garage, the site automatically creates a "build thread" for it even if you never intend to post anything about the actual build on this forum.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heck, glad to have you on here Mr. Peterson and you folks chill! I asked my ole buddy to post on here , told him how friendly we all are and he has been a devoted Blue Oval Guy for decades. Damn fast in C Prepared over the years and we have autocrossed in both this and the last century. Saw Scott at the Solo Nationals and told him we could use his expertise and knowledge and saw he was still out having fun with his newer Mustang. Remember Mazda and Ford have worked together ( Probe and MX6 ) so he raced a machine with a company that was in good stead ( or steed, ha ) with Ford. Glad to have you on the site and since I owned 5 RX-7s and 7 Miatas over the years ( like you I raced them either autocrossing or Spec Miata ) , so we have traveled a similar road.

Good dude and hopefully he will post plenty on TMO, the dude knows Stangs!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bill.
I thought it was interesting that someone with RX7 would post on a Mustang site. Then he posted the thread on his Mustang. Its all cool.
The "Handle" did raise a few suspicions. mustanghammer Another member sent me a text wondering why a Mazda guy would post on this site while calling himself "Mustanghammer". It did seem to be more of a poke in the eye than a howdy at the time.

I can't begin to count the number of folks who post non Ford rides just to come back the next few days with advertisement for what ever. Obviously not the case here. And yes, we are friendly here.... usually. LOL

mustanghammer

Welcome to the site. If Bill says you are an "Ole Buddy" that Knows Stangs that's all the introductions you need. I have to admit, the mustard colored foreign car had me wondering.

Do you have an opinion regarding Watts Links on our stangs?? LOL :ohdamn: :banghead: 🤣

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I’ll own it. Being a mod of possibly the largest Mustang forum on the internet, my guard is in general on full alert. For the reasons listed above, found it…well…interesting. We’ll leave it at that. Anyway, apologies. Welcome and please disregard my previous post.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
KC
Bill.
I thought it was interesting that someone with RX7 would post on a Mustang site. Then he posted the thread on his Mustang. Its all cool.
The "Handle" did raise a few suspicions. mustanghammer Another member sent me a text wondering why a Mazda guy would post on this site while calling himself "Mustanghammer". It did seem to be more of a poke in the eye than a howdy at the time.

I can't begin to count the number of folks who post non Ford rides just to come back the next few days with advertisement for what ever. Obviously not the case here. And yes, we are friendly here.... usually. LOL

mustanghammer

Welcome to the site. If Bill says you are an "Ole Buddy" that Knows Stangs that's all the introductions you need. I have to admit, the mustard colored foreign car had me wondering.

Do you have an opinion regarding Watts Links on our stangs?? LOL :ohdamn: :banghead: 🤣

Watts link - yes please! I used a panhard bar on my RX7 and my previous CP Mustang to save money. It is interesting to follow a Panhard equipped RX7 around a banked turn and watch the rear axle shift to the left....like allot

I have an 85 Mustang GT that will be my next build and I am looking at chassis mounted watts or some kind of jacob's ladder deal.

Again sorry for the drama

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
Watts link - yes please! I used a panhard bar on my RX7 and my previous CP Mustang to save money. It is interesting to follow a Panhard equipped RX7 around a banked turn and watch the rear axle shift to the left....like allot

I have an 85 Mustang GT that will be my next build and I am looking at chassis mounted watts or some kind of jacob's ladder deal.

Again sorry for the drama
85 mustang gt you say 😍, I got one also but set up for little bit different kind of racing. Crazy to me that how many compliments and thumbs up i get when i drive it, Love that car and apparently so do alot others, gets way more compliments than my new mustang lol. Share pics if you have any.

20200815_191134.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Getting more and more Fox Body members and members have examples of many of them still rocking on the tracks and autocross courses !

One solid example is Emery Seaton, careening through the cones in his Fox Body, taking the CAMT National Championship. Emery is a member on TMO!

Mustanghammer likely has some good pictures of his new car, but I bet he has some even better ones of his old C Prepared beast!?

TMO Supporting Vendors