The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ryan Newman Injury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not his team mate. Ryan Blaney drives for Penske, Newman for Roush.
I watch the crash in person. It was ugly but not as "Ugly" as a crash with a sudden stop. The "Radio Silence" with the lack of communications made we think the worst. I am thankful my thoughts were wrong.
I do agree, NASCAR needs to fix super speedway racing. My suggestion, turn left after pit lane. Solved. I think the series will go that way eventually.

by team mate, I meant another Ford racer

I was really sad on Monday because I feared serious injuries or death from that wreck. One of the weird outcomes was the lack of information from NASCAR and the hospital about his condition or even if Ryan was alive. But four days before the wreck Ryan and his wife split up. Due to HIPAA laws, if there wasn't a healthcare directive allowing somebody to speak for him the hospital can't legally release any medical information. Maybe his wife was designated as his "closest of kin" in the past but after the split up things got complicated so there was radio silence until either Ryan could speak for himself or a family next of kin was able to allow information to be released. I don't know, just trying to figure out why it took days to get some answer.

I was at Sonoma Raceway yesterday to watch some friends at a HPDE.......best text I got from my wife was that Ryan was getting released from the hospital!! Wow....best case scenario in my opinion.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Been some crazy stunts at NASCAR back in the day, Including Jimmy "The Flying Greek" Koufos who would preform on Saturday's to draw in the crowds.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Didn't I read somewhere that there was a bit of a circus during the opening ceremonies?
The opening ceremonies was a bit a show. From the flyovers of the thunderbirds and Air Force One to the president giving the command to start engines. It was a show. Great to see in person.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel