The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 GT500 19x9.5 wheels on S550?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've seen random photos online of S550's running the 2011-2012 GT500 PP wheels, but no evidence of anyone running this front fitment from the 2013-2014 GT500: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1007-SA1995MB

I'm looking to run these square, and the +44 offset seems reasonably close to the OEM PP 19x9 ET45/19x9.5 ET52.5 specs. Maybe a little tight for front suspension clearance?

And since they clear the GT500 15" brakes I would expect they should also clear 15" S550 PP calipers/rotors?

Any other potential issues I'm missing - wheel studs, TPMS, lug nut seat/shape, etc?

About the only downside I can come up with is I haven't been able to find their weight. Even though these are forged, OEM wheels seem to always be on the overbuilt and therefore heavier end of the spectrum.

In the V6L
No, there's clearance to the spokes. The spacer moves the barrel of the wheel out far enough that it doesn't hit the caliper. It'll actually work with a 15mm spacer, it's just that I used 24mm spacers so I could put closed end lug nuts on my long GT350R studs.

They might work with no spacer on a GT. You'd have to try.

TMO Supporting Vendors