The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S5 Owner in a Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A friend of mine at work has an Audi S5 and it is a sweet ride. I took him for a spin in my Boss last night on the curvy two lane that stretches about 2 miles and feeds into the parking lot at work. Starting from a dead-stop, I ripped through the gears winding third until I hit 85 or so.

He started giggling like a school girl and asking, "OMG, WTF is this thing?" Exiting the car at the parking lot he said, "My knees feel weak. Be careful with that thing."

HAHAHA! Awesome.

Very cool. This is sort-of relevant to me, because I am a dyed-in-the-wool Audi guy. My street car is an Audi, my track car is an Audi, and I race an Audi in LeMons. I have been president of an Audi club, run an Audi web site...well, you get the picture. So, as I was looking for my next street car, the S5 easily surfaced as the leading contender. All my other cars are turbo and I wanted to get away from that for my daily driver, so the V8 was calling. Also, I think the S5 is one of the best looking cars on the road (still do). The interior is magnificent.

It seemed like a slam dunk, until I started reading about the Boss. It was no contest. The S5 is beautiful, luxurious, fast, and even capable on the track. But capable doesn't mean fun. BTDT with modern Audis. Hell, even the RS5 can't match the Boss. Anyway, the Boss was just too special to pass-up.

Jimmy

I sold my RS4 last fall as, at the time I thought I'd get into a '11 GT500. Now I'm waiting for a 2013 B302... ;D

Jimmy Pribble said:
Very cool. This is sort-of relevant to me, because I am a dyed-in-the-wool Audi guy. My street car is an Audi, my track car is an Audi, and I race an Audi in LeMons. I have been president of an Audi club, run an Audi web site...well, you get the picture. So, as I was looking for my next street car, the S5 easily surfaced as the leading contender. All my other cars are turbo and I wanted to get away from that for my daily driver, so the V8 was calling. Also, I think the S5 is one of the best looking cars on the road (still do). The interior is magnificent.

It seemed like a slam dunk, until I started reading about the Boss. It was no contest. The S5 is beautiful, luxurious, fast, and even capable on the track. But capable doesn't mean fun. BTDT with modern Audis. Hell, even the RS5 can't match the Boss. Anyway, the Boss was just too special to pass-up.

Jimmy
Well said. I have always liked Audi's over BMW's but have never owned one. I need a back seat and considered buying an S5 and M3. The 5 DOT 0 Mustangs and the Boss just seemed like they would be more fun to drive and I've had a Boss 302 on order since last November. I don't for a second think the Mustang is a better overall car, especially the interior, but I think it's going to be more fun to own and drive. I also don't think the Mustang is significantly inferior either.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel