The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Bladed sway bars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I would try a phone call. Sean Mason is the motorsports manager, I'd give him a call and see if he can guide you along. They're just dudes, worst that can happen is he'll hang up on you. But they're in the business of building and selling race cars and parts so I doubt he'd do that. Your money is as good as the next guy's.

I would try a phone call. Sean Mason is the motorsports manager, I'd give him a call and see if he can guide you along. They're just dudes, worst that can happen is he'll hang up on you. But they're in the business of building and selling race cars and parts so I doubt he'd do that. Your money is as good as the next guy's.

Amazing thanks!

if you haven't invested in something like Penske shocks, I'd do that first. These cars live and die by the shock valving. One more thing, remember these are GT4 spec cars, they give you a couple of sway bars, a couple of spring sets, a couple of shock sets and you have to say within those parameters, There were many times we would have liked to gone outside the spec, but that would make the car illegal. (even tire pressure and camber is regulated)
Point is, just because it works on a Gt4 spec car doesn't mean it will be anywhere close to what you might need.

if you haven't invested in something like Penske shocks, I'd do that first. These cars live and die by the shock valving. One more thing, remember these are GT4 spec cars, they give you a couple of sway bars, a couple of spring sets, a couple of shock sets and you have to say within those parameters, There were many times we would have liked to gone outside the spec, but that would make the car illegal. (even tire pressure and camber is regulated)
Point is, just because it works on a Gt4 spec car doesn't mean it will be anywhere close to what you might need.

I agree, but I'm looking to tune the handling on the fly and cockpit adjustable sway bars are hard to beat in that sense. It,s just that the Mustang GT4 is the only bladed sway bar I have seen. Fabrication is the last route I want to take.

TMO Supporting Vendors