The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 brembo brake question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The S550 Brembo six pot brake option is standard on the GT's sold down here in Chile. Is that the same brake kit as the GT350? Was wondering about the MMR 19x10 and 19x11 wheels you see on LMR site. Was worried they would not fit. Have a buddy getting his GT ready to race..

It's not the same brakes and they are smaller. I believe they are very similar to the 2014 GT500 brake kit.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Now this is strange.... when my buddy told me he had the Brembos on his GT, I assumed that it was the 15" 3 pot setup. But he has a two pot Brembo setup!! Will be checking the pads and discs now to see if they are the 14" two pot setup the old track pack had. (I do not have direct access to the car)

s550%202p%20brembos_zpsbbbpit7k.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks!, Then these brembos should take the same pads as the base GT/ecoboost. I was confused as the calipers in the USA do not say brembo.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel