The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Console & Center Stack Dis-assembly Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is a video from FPRP detailing how to install a red GT350 start button in-place of the "normal" start button found on non-350s.
It could come in handy for those thinking about installing shifters or anything else that might require taking the center stack apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ud79FE1j_8

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I am crazy, but not spend money on the red button crazy. Video is good for information on installing MGW race spec. Although in the 3 days I've had the car the factory shifter feels pretty accurate. Haven't subjected it to track type operation.........yet.

Thanks for posting. Useful info. Fortunately to access the shifter you only need to remove the shifter bezel, and center consule -- not the IP trim or center stack. The clips on the S550 consule are way stiffer than those on the S197, and take more effort than depicted in the video :(

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel