The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steeve

Steeve
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Before hitting the track. What seems to be the" average " or forum consensus for cold tire pressure for Hankkook ventus RS4?

I am currently running square 18x10 275/40/R18 on Mustang GT premium 2015. I Did my first open open track day in Shannoville Canada. My set up is new Apex rims and Ventus. I did 30lbs cold all around. Thank you for answering my question. Your comments please.

Thanks

Steeve

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Hello fellow Canuckian. I don't run the same setup as I run 305/30/19s on 11" rims, but I start off cold at 28 and look for 32 lbs hot. This seems to be work best for my car, both in terms of lap times and temp readings across the tread face, and my driving style. I do that with 220 and 100 treadwear tires and it works for both. It's a starting point if nothing else.

Where do you live? I'm in Brighton. Do you run at Mosport at all? I usually run Shannonville a few times a year, as does another denizen of TMO, Carver, with his red Boss. Will keep an eye out for you next time I go down there which won't be for a while as the car is in garage limbo waiting for parts to show up...thank you covid19.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
When those babies wear out there are a couple of tires with more width and similar adhesion I would gravitate to. My humble opinion is you need more rubber on the ground and 275s are a bit on the skinny side. Like JDee I have 315s on the Stang, and I think you are fine starting at 30, just see where they get to when hot.

JDee and Carver are Canadian Road Course Crazies, but of the friendly sort and there are more and more from the Provinces joining TMO. By next year there could be 5-15 Maple Leaf Mustang drivers at many of the road course events, all TMO members, intimidating those Bowtie Boys!

Steeve

Steeve
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Thank you both JDee and Bill. To answered JDee 's question, I did the grand prix twice and DDT once in bowmanville. Shannonville was my first time, funny enought it is in my backward. I was please with all event coordinators at both locations. Belleville is now my place of residence. I will try both of your inputs. I will keep and eye for both of you as well.

Kind regards gents . Safe driving.

Steeve

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I imagine you will see JDee long before you do me, as I am clear down in the land of Beef and Corn --- Nebraska. But if , for some reason we are both at the same event you will be able to tell me from JDee, we are the same age , but I am much better looking. Of course , he may sway you as he usually has more beer in his cooler than I do, and I am smart enough not to try and outdrink a Canuck! So if you see a better looking guy , with a white flag, that would be me , surrendering to a more experienced cereal malt beverage consumer.

Steeve

Steeve
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Wow . Nebraska is not at the door for sure. Yes . the canuck cereal malt is a bit different.👍 check. I am likely to see JDees because he lives in Brighton.

I also acknd your your post about more rubber on the ground. I suppose I could go wider with a light spacer to the max the rim can take.

I am only a once an a while track wanna be. I do about 3 to 4 day or evenings a year. I do not race or yet done big events. If I was to do something, I would likely want
to perform and endurance race.

Racing experience: not to much. Go kart 1 season. Motorcycle, 5 times high performance Riding /Racing school , taking student around the track and 6 amateurs races. Now I am in the stang and learning something new. Stay safe in Nebraska. Should I see JDee, and we have a cold one , we will certainly raise a can or two to your health.

Cheers

Steeve

TMO Supporting Vendors