The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT in search of suspension goodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have a friend down here in Chile that wants to track his 2015 GT manual. Oddly enough all the cars sold in Chile come with the Brembo package but narrow all season tires tires and what seems to be a very soft suspension.

What would be a recommended path for suspension goodies for the track. I saw the Ford Racing shock, spring and sway bar kit. Or would Konis and Eibach be a better option? Trying to get him going straight to a cortex coil over kit so he does not do the usual waste of money of going half way then wanting more.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
If cost is not the primary concern, which I suspect it's not, I have to agree with you to hook him up with Cortex Racing.

How can you go wrong with Cortex suspension upgrade products?

He will thank you in the long run.

Good luck and good racing,
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
If cost is not the primary concern, which I suspect it's not, I have to agree with you to hook him up with Cortex Racing.

How can you go wrong with Cortex suspension upgrade products?

He will thank you in the long run.

Good luck and good racing,
302 Hi Pro

Hella This.

Mad Hatter said:
Trying to get him going straight to a cortex coil over kit so he does not do the usual waste of money of going half way then wanting more.
Been there done that and not doing it again! Keep working on him. ;D

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well,... I failed in my task, Buddy did not go for the Cortex setup. But did get a track pac from MM

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Starter-Box-for-S550-Mustang-2015-P1566.aspx

does anyone have the camber settings for a S550?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel