The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GTPP - Tune (rev limit, hp increase?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm looking to increase maximum engine RPM & HP/"area under the curve"(via tune for 93 vs. OEM 87 octane). The car is a stock 2015 GTPP aside from basic things such as catback CAI. I believe there would be a decent benefit in laptimes at a few of the tracks I run with having another 500-1,000rpm. I've heard the Coyote motors are fairly robust with taking additional RPM, what is the motors weak point (ie: must upgrades?, oil pump ring gear?)?

Any recommendations for an off the shelf solution? Or is a custom solution basically the only way to go?

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Oil Pump gear would be a very good upgrade reliability wise, if you plan on spinning high RPMs. The only real downside is the installation.
You will likely encounter additional oil temperature with increased revs, depending on your driving style.

For tuning, I suggest you talk to Shaun at AED Tuning. He has tuned my race car since 2013. AED is also a forum sponsor and may offer some TMO discount. They have a link in the ads to the lower right of this page.

Oil Pump gear would be a very good upgrade reliability wise, if you plan on spinning high RPMs. The only real downside is the installation.
You will likely encounter additional oil temperature with increased revs, depending on your driving style.

For tuning, I suggest you talk to Shaun at AED Tuning. He has tuned my race car since 2013. AED is also a forum sponsor and may offer some TMO discount. They have a link in the ads to the lower right of this page.
I can second the OPG. :rolleyes:

TMO Supporting Vendors