The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 HPDE Prep - Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks guys. I just checked with two additional Ford dealers close to me. So, responses from 3 dealerships, re price for 1 front 19x9 pp wheel: $950, $1041, $1059.

I mentioned the $167 price from Levittown Ford and the local dealers said Levittown would be losing at least $500, if they're selling new Ford wheels.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
$217 on Ford Performance web site for new front wheel...so the Levittown price makes sense from that perspective.

One could assume that the FP wheel is high quality (direct from FP), however, you could call the FP hotline number...confirm/satisfy yourself about quality, terms and conditions, etc.

I appreciate it. Good suggestion. I don't know how to account for the price differences. One of the local parts guys literally said, "they think pretty highly of them wheels", in regard to the $1k+ price.

I took my Bone stock 2000km 17 Gt/PP on the track today, didn't change a thing, just kept an eye on my Oil Temp and Made sure i lowered my Tire pressure.

I think you will be surprised when you get on track. My only wish, More steering feedback...

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Keep it in "comfort" mode and keep front pressures around 40 hot.

Changing to something like FP track suspension preserves streetability and changes weight distribution - transforms the feel even with OEM tires and alignment.

Did you go to TMP today.

Keep it in "comfort" mode and keep front pressures around 40 hot.

Changing to something like FP track suspension preserves streetability and changes weight distribution - transforms the feel even with OEM tires and alignment.

Did you go to TMP today.

TMP, i found the car turned in abit better @34psi hot, the rear liked 36psi Hot,

I ran a 1:23.86 on my first lapping day, the other gentlemen with me ran a 24.2 with his Steeda suspension kit

IMG_1528.JPG I finished installing my tow hook today. I like it and I need some advice.

As you can see in the picture, the loop hangs down so far that it touches the painted surface below it.

My concern is that the loop will rub the paint off or, worse, eventually rub a bit of hole. I'm currently considering options to modify the tow hook to force the loop to stick out away from the bumper, rather than hanging down.

Can you offer any suggestions?

I’d put a little piece of clear plastic on the lower piece and not worry beyond that. Remove the hook part when you’re not going to a track.

View attachment 2574 I finished installing my tow hook today. I like it and I need some advice.

As you can see in the picture, the loop hangs down so far that it touches the painted surface below it.

My concern is that the loop will rub the paint off or, worse, eventually rub a bit of hole. I'm currently considering options to modify the tow hook to force the loop to stick out away from the bumper, rather than hanging down.

Can you offer any suggestions?

What brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not recommending them, I don't see a forged wheel being built for $125
The factory wheels are cast, as are the FP replacements. I don't see the point in the FP wheels because they are only 9.5", heavy and are almost the cost of a flow formed Apex wheel which you can get in 11" if you want a track wheel. Spending $1000 for stockers vs. $1200-1400 for a track wheel is really not a budget discussion. I'll let you know when my $125 wheels crack from track use ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel