The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Rear Seat Delete Kit and Ford Performance Racing Filters ------ I found some!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If you are like me and hoping to find a rear seat delete kit to match what would come in a GT350R, a GT 500 Carbon Pack, a Mach 1 with the rear seat delete option you have found they are non existent in the US of A. You can order and get great news they are on back order , or find them listed at 12 weeks out, or even better they state no available timeframe at this time. Well, I found 6 of them, now down to 5 since I grabbed one of them, at Lethal Performance. They also had the hard to find , and on backorder in many places , Ford Performance Racing Filters . So if you need either one, get on the horn to Lethal Performance , ask for Shane ( he was super helpful ) and hopefully this info will benefit you as much as it does me.

CM-6731-FL820 Filter
M-6346612-GT 2018-2021 rear seat delete kit

Sincerely,

The Old Fart in Nebraska

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Looks like CJPony Parts, LMR, along with Lethal Performance now have filters. Interesting as still in short supply or on back order at Dealers.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Just curious, is the rear seat delete kit needed?
I was thinking to remove them and leave it open/bare as is for my next upcoming track day.
Will the sound be unbearable?
Or is it mainly for aesthetic purpose to clean up the bare look of the removal?

Just curious, is the rear seat delete kit needed?
I was thinking to remove them and leave it open/bare as is for my next upcoming track day.
Will the sound be unbearable?
Or is it mainly for aesthetic purpose to clean up the bare look of the removal?

Clean up the look, if you plan to leave it that way permanently and it's a street/track car you will probably want one some day.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Scoots the deflectors are really cool and things do buffet with both windows down. I am old and deaf and often confused , so I thought when your windows were down it was a sign you were offering folks to go to a buffet. Are you thinking Golden Corral, as I think I can save you some money with my AARP discount.

I need to lose some weight out of the Mach 1, and it ( seat delete ) is a factory option on this model Stang, so I can replace it in my car if I use the factory set-up - for no points deduction in some Series Classing. There are quite a few seat delete kits out there less expensive , but there is something to be said about getting a factory piece. I will put in a roll bar or harness bar in the future , so the seat being out will really help.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel