The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 + sparco evo iii = ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if it was a III but search under where’s Waldo and cloud9 installed one in his GT350.

Please provide details on the Air Bag SIM. I am trying to install Sparco front seats.
Thanks

I haven't completed it yet. I'll probably pick it up again in April as I get ready for my first track weekend in late April. So far I have bought two seat harness' and expect to have to buy the seat position sensor to spoof it. If you are doing a permanent swap then you technically could avoid buying anything.

For a permanent install when cutting of wires doesn't matter, you just need to cut the yellow and black wire going up the left side of the seat and wire in a 2 ohm 1 watt resistor. If you want to do it with a harness you need EU5Z-14K155-A from Ford, there are 4 wires, 2 green that are looped and the black and yellow wires. Those will need to be joined via the reistor.

To take this a step further I've since ordered EU5Z-14A699-DF. This is the main seat harness that connects to the rest of the car. My next plan is to connect the two harnesses mentioned and see if the light comes on. I expect it to. Then move the the seat position sensor over and see if it comes on. I don't expect it to. I've got so much else going on with the car right now I don't have time to make this a priority just yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel