The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Track Tire Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's a good idea to go square with the offset...50mm.

Then use a 20ish or greater spacer on the front... I meant that I was going to try a 23mm front spacer...:)

This will permit you to cross-rotate the wheels and extend tire life...esp if you are tracking the thing frequently.
Yeah i was trying to avoid a spacer, but you make a really good point.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Sell your wife on a set of FP (ARP) 3" wheel studs+open-end wheel nuts (FP or many options). Need these on the front axle to permit sufficient thread engagement once you install spacers.

Sounds a bit scary (installing the studs, not convincing your wife about the value of the parts :rolleyes:)... but the front isn't a hard install. The right YouTube channel is your friend.

Short-term pain but big $aving$ on tires in the long-term.

Sell your wife on a set of FP (ARP) 3" wheel studs+open-end wheel nuts (FP or many options). Need these on the front axle to permit sufficient thread engagement once you install spacers.

Sounds a bit scary (installing the studs, not convincing your wife about the value of the parts :rolleyes:)... but the front isn't a hard install. The right YouTube channel is your friend.

Short-term pain but big $aving$ on tires in the long-term.

I'm not worried about the install. I did them on my Fox Mustang track car several years ago. I plan on doing them front and rear ( even budged for new hub bolts and axle nuts)

I'm at 8k in parts if I could order the stuff I wanted today and that is not true to what I want, just what I can deem reasonable for how i want to use the car. I can hear my wife laughing ad spending that much on a brand new car, but she won't notice if i squeeze it in here and there. LOL

TMO Supporting Vendors