The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550's For Sale!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Are wages in Canada proportionately higher to compensate for the prices?
Did the strong US dollar put a crimp on the snowbirds coming to Texas and Florida this past winter?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I stopped by the dealership I work with on the way home from the airport......yea...I have a problem, at least my wife thinks so. LOL.

They just received an additional two allotments. They have ordered two track pack cars. One white with blue stripes and one red with black stripes. Since they have not been built, changes are still possible. 2016s.

If anyone is interested, I'll link you up with my salesman.

Yes, there will be ADM. It's the Chicago area and everyone is still paying ADM.

If anyone is interested I know of a dealership who has an allotment for a 2017 GT350 that they will sell for a $5000 ADM and it can be configured however you like. I was unable to find the elusive msrp deal on a 2016 so I had a couple of dealerships lined up to order a 2017 through.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
byronj said:
So some very LUCKY guy bought two GT350s at North County Ford in Vista, CA. Apparently someone made a mistake so he bought both at cost this past Wednesday. LUCHY EFFER!!!

Saw two magnetic at cars n coffee on Sat. Was one an R? That is pretty lucky!

Possibly wrong place on the forum for this but my R finally arrived at the dealer last Friday. After a mishap it in their parking lot it is ready to bring home. I have someone that wants to trade the R for a track pack and 30K. Kinda amazed and don't really want to part with the R but is there that much difference in the cars? Special note, no ding on the Car Fax etc.
Any suggestions?

tigerbillsbikes said:
Possibly wrong place on the forum for this but my R finally arrived at the dealer last Friday. After a mishap it in their parking lot it is ready to bring home. I have someone that wants to trade the R for a track pack and 30K. Kinda amazed and don't really want to part with the R but is there that much difference in the cars? Special note, no ding on the Car Fax etc.
Any suggestions?
What are your plans with the car? Track monster or weekend cruiser? I'd probably keep it but my wallet says take the money. Do this, tell him $40k and if he bites then it was meant to be. ;D

I plan to actually drive the car occasionally. I really don't want another garage queen and I would probably
not track the car due to it's rarity. Another set of wheels and tires would be needed for the R because of the
fear of damaging the carbon fiber originals. I believe I'll take the money and enjoy using the track pack car.
Wallet 1 heart 0. I still feel like a winner.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
30K is a big incentive. But if it were me, I too would keep the R as they will be rare models. The R is the closest variant of an actual Race Car with a license plate this side of 100k.

Plus, if you like car shows, you'll find the interest and crowds will be around the R. There is just something special about the R that commands attention when parked next to a TP Shelby GT350.

The R is not just special, the R is Very Special. Well just one man's opinion.

GLWYD,
302 Hi Pro

Thanks for the feed back. It's been a real difficult decision. I actually had to sell my 13 Laguna Seca with under 7000 miles to make the R happen. The LS is a really great car. Did everything extremely well. I would have loved to have been able to own both. I decided today to take the deal on the track pack 350. Although the LS is gone maybe I'll take the difference and hunt down a Boss at a reasonable price. Best of both worlds!!!
My first car was a almost new 66 Mustang Gt. Always loved Mustangs. This forum is really great and thanks again. All of ya'll are a great bunch of people.
Hopefully I will meet some of you folks real soon.
Take care.
Bill

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I've been working in NC this week consulting at a Ford Dealership and we happen to have a 2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Pkg car for sale at MSRP.

Black with stripe delete with less than 5 miles on the clock. Beautiful car

If interested, send me a PM with your contact information and I will send a few pics, Windows sticker and other information you might need. Serious inquiries only, please.

Regards,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

drano38

Wayne
Was at the local dealer today, and the 2017 GT350 they told me about a few months ago is in.
Man, it looks sharp. And its red, my favorite color, with black roof and black stripes.
Window sticker link on the right for you to see options.
http://einspahr.com/inventory/details/new/Ford/Mustang/2017/Brookings/South-Dakota/3504608
Snow will be flying here in a few weeks, so they may be willing to deal.

TMO Supporting Vendors