The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sad News.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
For those of you old enough to remember the Clevland 351, I got some bad news:

http://www.stangtv.com/news/ford-to-shut-down-famous-cleveland-engine-factory/

If they ever open a muscle car engine "Hall of Fame" this engine might be in the top 5 inductees.

MMD

That is sad news.

Please post non Boss related material in the proper forum. Thanks.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
5 DOT 0 said:
That is sad news.

Please post non Boss related material in the proper forum. Thanks.

1806 R code "Boss" 351 (1971) produced. 33% still exist today. This is not Boss related? Huh?

I ran it by my local "expert" and this is what he had to say:

"Actually no big deal.. I worked 17 years in all 3 plants and eng plat 2 was the smallest and most insignificant.. the good news is that they are adding a 3rd shift at Eng plt 1 to produce ECO Boost engines and by the way they lied big time in the article … the most famous engine produced was the 5.0 Boss engine produced in the Cleveland Casting plant and Eng Plt 1. I know I hung enough flywheels , punched enough pistons , pounded sand out of enough engine casts and hot tested enough of those motors to last a life time.. at one point 200 engines an hour were flying by me and I punched pistons in many of them."

TMO Supporting Vendors