The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Safe distance between tire and strut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guy's, I got a set of 18x10 BBS (Ford Racing) wheel for my Boss . Tires are 275x40x18 square. It clears the Brembo's and are not rubbing anywhere but seems a bit close to the strut, about 1/4 inch. I dont have camber plates or bolts as for now but I will eventually. Any thought on this?

Photo019_zpsd4888f58.jpg

Photo018_zps15b7d3ba.jpg

Is it right to say that camber bolt will bring the tire/wheel closer to the strut and camber plate wont since it move the hole strut together...
steveespo said:
I don't know, that looks awfully close, especially with stock camber. Aren't there 18x9.5" specifically for the fronts. Darren probably has good info on these wheels.
Steve

Yes BBS MAKES 18X9.5 but I wanted a square set up and according to Ford Racing 18x10 fits our car w/o problem. They suggest a spacer to clear race brake ?? but dont say anything about the close fit in regards to the strut

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
gain as much camber as you can by moving the struts in the factory holes first. then add your camber bolts and make up the difference. every chassis is a bit different so you may or may not need to space the wheel out. a 5mm spacer should be the max you will need (if anything).

TMO Supporting Vendors