The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Safety Loop required for a Carbon Driveshaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking to reduce weight and one of the must items in my point of view is a lighter driveshaft. I have searched the forum but have not found a topic around if a safety loop is required for a Carbon Driveshaft. I know the rules, but from a safety point of view, would a carbon driveshaft not simply disintegrate and therefore a safety loop would add only weight but would not be safer?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
If its personal safety you are concerned with, you are right...there is no need for a loop with a cf ds. I don't think any racing bodies have embraced this though. I think they all still require one.

If not then a CF DS is a lot closer in price than it appears initially. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel