The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Safety upgrades for higher speed autobahn driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm a little confused here, what is not rated above 155mph?
Wheels, BTW.

"Update and a question.

So I got the tires and the rims ready to be mounted. Talking with ford performance engineers, they said the rubber are not recommended for more then 155 mph. So I replaced the stem with on a brand new set of pressure sensors with the Dill VS-925B metal values and got them installed with the property torque of 35 pounds for the stem and 12 lb for the bolt on the inside. The cap was another area of concern since it is thin plastic so I'm waiting on some high strength Aluminum caps from CJPonyParts."

Yes, me and the tech guy running the tunnel had a bit of a debate on this issue with hood pins. He basically sums up hood pins as a good idea but only as a complimentary solution. What was interesting is he only recommended then to be set at the point where you can see the hood lifting as a pre-warning and safety feature so you can see the hood lifting but have piece of mind you could slow down and address the issue.
Also you might be getting a ton of pressure from under the hood, most of the guys are running some type of vents

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Germany
I'm a little confused here, what is not rated above 155mph?
Wheels, BTW.

"Update and a question.

So I got the tires and the rims ready to be mounted. Talking with ford performance engineers, they said the rubber are not recommended for more then 155 mph. So I replaced the stem with on a brand new set of pressure sensors with the Dill VS-925B metal values and got them installed with the property torque of 35 pounds for the stem and 12 lb for the bolt on the inside. The cap was another area of concern since it is thin plastic so I'm waiting on some high strength Aluminum caps from CJPonyParts."

The TPSM rubber stems, not the tpsm itself. Hood Vents seem like the more logical solution and probably better for heat extraction

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors