The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Saleen style bumper number on your Boss??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone ever think of putting your boss number on the bumper like Saleen does? Or do you think that's tacky and should be left to Saleen?
american_flag6.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
There was a thread a while back on this.

I believe both bumper and mirror numbers were discussed.

Simple to do.

With all the "Bug Scrubbing" I have to do, anything on or near the bumper has to be bullet proof.

Pete should be able to hook you up.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
TMSBOSS said:
There was a thread a while back on this.

I believe both bumper and mirror numbers were discussed.

Simple to do.

With all the "Bug Scrubbing" I have to do, anything on or near the bumper has to be bullet proof.

Pete should be able to hook you up.

I looked at a few Saleen's a few weeks back. MT-82 with a blower for 60K??? No thanks.

If you like it and it makes you happy, go for it. After all its your baby. Me personally, not my cup of tea. It's kind of Saleens thing and my car isn't a Saleen...it's a Boss. It's kinda like the lambo door fad years back. I never got that.

TMSBOSS,
Sorry didn't/haven't seen that tread. Did a search but haven't found it yet.

cbj5259,
Yes I also agree on the if I makes you happy go for it but it also drives me nuts when I see non Cobras with cobra badges and stuff like that. I also understand we don't have Saleens and that's kinda their thing but would like a nice subtle way to have our car numbers visible. Would be kinda cool to say "Hey! Who has #xxxx? Saw you today and she's looking sweet!"

But then again I've only seen 3 Bosses down here so far lol, and all 3 were 2013s. Where's the '12 love hehe

And yes lambo doors geeze.....lolz
Lambo-Doors-So-Played-Out.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors