The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sandy claims a 2013 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Thoughts and prayers to all of you guys up there in the NE. I hope you can get back on your feet quickly and that nothing that cannot be replaced was lost.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
blazer1 said:
I live on the water on Long Island, my house is destroyed, there was 4' of water in my garage...but my Boss wasn't in it. Was no secret this storm was coming and it was going to be a bad one.

I am in West Islip, Long Island NY - lived here my whole life and have never seen anything like this. Storm Surge destroyed basically the whole south shore. Have friends and co-workers with 30ft boats on their front lawns, similar scene to the Boss Pictured above and have lost everything. Long Beach NY is basically a small city totally destroyed. If you are home with power and warm reading this try to think about how lucky you are. Many are in the dark, cold and hurting real bad. If you can donate to the red cross. Many are in need. http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

VWGTI123 said:
If you are home with power and warm reading this try to think about how lucky you are. Many are in the dark, cold and hurting real bad.

True,
A friend lives on Long Island and discovered a 24 ft sailboat where is pool used to be. He's not sure who the boat belongs too and the marina is 2+ miles away.

My missing shingles is nothing compared to what others are going through.

NY (southern NJ) needs electricity and gasoline in the worst way. Pray for them.

GA
My parents live in Howard Beach in Queens, NY. The water went up much further than anticipated. They said all of Crossbay Blvd below and including the Belt Parkway down to the Rockaways was underwater. The water stopped a few blocks from their apartment building. My crazy cousin stayed in his apartment in Far Rockaway and he is still trapped in his building. My parents are putting up a couple of friends who lost everything. They are leaving for Florida in the morning and are leaving them with the apartment and their car which has a 1/2 tank of gas. I told my mother she was crazy since she doesn't know these people that well. It could be a blessing in disguise though, since if things get much worse they are surrounded by desperate people and their apartment might get invaded. She said the National Guard are all over down there but they can't be everywhere.

I can't believe they were going to try to have the NY Marathon this weekend with all of the suffering that is going on around NYC.

My advie to you folks is stick to your guns with the insurance
Companies
I have been through numerous hurricanes. My last one was irene
It had 14 foot storm surge also

You guys are fixing to find out how horrible those companies are
They will deny most claims at first. Took 4 years for mine to
Repair my shingles ect

Also

Your going to start seeing every un desirable type of
Home repair handy man in this country swarm to the area for high priced
Repairs. Roofing and fencing costs skyrocket too

And i wont start in the issues with FEMA. Hope you folks
All the best. Dont trust out of towners with your money

Steve

The sad part is, not only is there a car on it, it probably got there because of high water, meaning the Boss was probably in high water and has more problems than structural. Ouch!

wwilde001 said:
The sad part is, not only is there a car on it, it probably got there because of high water, meaning the Boss was probably in high water and has more problems than structural. Ouch!

You are correct, there is no pavement anywhere in the pic, thus I fear they floated there...not good

batman48195 said:
Who's car is this? Cali_kr? His signature says 2012 Boss.

Brian

Hey B,

Nope, not mine, I stumbled onto that pic somewhere online just by chance, and don't remember where/how

As much as this sucks, the loss of life and homes, I can't even wrap my head around some of the images... :'(

got lucky here is NNJ , only inconvinience is spending 3-4hrs a day waiting in line for gas for our generator but we count our blessing, Im in total schock to see our beloved Jersey Shore obliterated like that, so many souvenirs gone, I understand why even Gov Christie was choked up :(

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cali_kr said:
batman48195 said:
Who's car is this? Cali_kr? His signature says 2012 Boss.

Brian

Hey B,

Nope, not mine, I stumbled onto that pic somewhere online just by chance, and don't remember where/how

As much as this sucks, the loss of life and homes, I can't even wrap my head around some of the images... :'(

I originally thought that's what happened, but then it looked like a picture that you took and hosted. I'm so confused...but glad it's not yours. You are in Cali, right?

[/quote]

I originally thought that's what happened, but then it looked like a picture that you took and hosted. I'm so confused...but glad it's not yours. You are in Cali, right?
[/quote]

Yes, I'm in NorCal (San Benito Co), I see by your sig pic you're in CA as well, (bottom of the corkscrew)

https://trackmustangsonline.com/the-paddock/wishing-all-well-through-frankenstorm/msg54187/#msg54187
See reply #13.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
orng302 said:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/the-paddock/wishing-all-well-through-frankenstorm/msg54187/#msg54187
See reply #13.

pls see all of the replies. People need help

I feel your pain.. I am here too, thank god my brother in Massapequa has pwr.. I got my car out of there, I am so sorry for your loss. Lived here my whole life and have never seen anything like this. WAR ZONE, people are desperate, Gas is now an absolute necessity to survive, 100's on line with gas cans, freezing temp, now we know what Katrina folks felt like but worse b/c of the temp IMO. Looting WTF.. I am so emotional right now I can barely type. Anyone reading this.. if you are warm and have the means.. please donate to the red cross, you may not think it makes a difference but it does. http://www.redcross.org/templates/render/render.jsp?pageId=11400031&scode=RSG00000E017&subcode=paiddonationsbrand&gclid=CL3S1bn5u7MCFQWe4AodjQkA1Q

GA
VWGTI123 said:
orng302 said:
See reply #13.

pls see all of the replies. People need help

I feel your pain.. I am here too, thank god my brother in Massapequa has pwr.. I got my car out of there, I am so sorry for your loss. Lived here my whole life and have never seen anything like this. WAR ZONE, people are desperate, Gas is now an absolute necessity to survive, 100's on line with gas cans, freezing temp, now we know what Katrina folks felt like but worse b/c of the temp IMO. Looting WTF.. I am so emotional right now I can barely type. Anyone reading this.. if you are warm and have the means.. please donate to the red cross, you may not think it makes a difference but it does. http://www.redcross.org/templates/render/render.jsp?pageId=11400031&scode=RSG00000E017&subcode=paiddonationsbrand&gclid=CL3S1bn5u7MCFQWe4AodjQkA1Q

Maybe now that the election is over you guys will get some real help. I read somewhere that FEMA approved 95,000 people for housing aid in NY and NJ. That does not sound like nearly enough.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel