The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Satellite Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do I get satellite radio put in this car? The sticker said it was compatible and I found a free six months in the glove box. Exactly, what does compatable mean? I wish to thank any body who can answer this in clear simple terms. I do not wish for a work around or an aftermarket solution. It can or it can't be done with what Ford sold me is all I am trying to find out. The dealer has me confused and Ford is convinced that this is SYNC that I am having difficulty. Internet searches are contradictory. Nice car

You don't have it and in order to get it you need an add on piece of equipment that I am not sure what it's called. Do a search there are threads that address this.

GA
I found this in another thread:

http://radiosandmore.com/rmx/prodDet.aspx?pid=4047456N

The standard radio in the Boss has the Sirius button so it should be compatible. The description says it works with or without SYNC.

SYNC rocks by the way- too bad Ford didn't let you order it on the 2012 Boss. Rumor has it that it will be available in the 2013 Boss.

I had same problem, tried to follow directions, called Sirus, called Ford, called Dealer, guess its not in our cars. The little phone button is worthless also.
None of them ever called me back with a solution.
Oh well I just put in my CCR cd, and that settles the problem. LOL

Yeah sync is not all that either we have it in our truck and the phone part will once in a while cut you off so I dont mind it not being in the car at all satalite would be nice but this is more a race car anyway.

There is a female plug in the console behind the cup holders.This will take a connection from your ipod or phone.The cord can be purchased from Ford.Cheap money.

GA
jeepinocala said:
Yeah sync is not all that either we have it in our truck and the phone part will once in a while cut you off so I dont mind it not being in the car at all satalite would be nice but this is more a race car anyway.

I have had zero problems with my SYNC. You could try updating the firmware to see if that helps. It could also have something to do with your phone service or phone bluetooth. I am going to plug in and velcro a little USB SD card reader in my center console so I can have huge library of MP3s. I am not sure if I am going to renew Sirius.

TMO Supporting Vendors