The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Saturday 9/14 HPDE @ Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, TX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh man, it was great.

I had new wheels, tires, rotors, pads, and a Ford Racing tune.... and I'd just done the brakes myself and was a little nervous that I'd have some mechanical problems.

But the car held up nicely, new tires seemed good, brakes were great, and I improved from a 1:37 best in June to a 1:32.1 this time out.

I actually saw one of your laps on youtube again when I was studying before heading to the track. It took me a while to realize that you were going like 80 in second gear. Maybe I shouldn't compare my car to yours :)

How about you, smittytx... been up there lately?

Haven't been out there much lately. I'm going to be out there Oct 19-20. It's a BMW club event, but all cars are welcome. It's on the 1.7 clockwise, which is a blast.

Here is the link for registration http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/DA79E6DA-CF34-346A-5808F5D88E908A9B#.UkulFtco5U9 Check it out. If you enter this, you could be eligible for the COTA track day.

As far as 80 in second gear, yep, I can hit about 87. I think I'm going to put a 4.10 rear end in, should work better for the tracks around here.

Very cool.

I'd love to attend, but I have a hard time doing the 2-day events... it's a little too much time away from the family to be "approved". So I've been sticking to the Apex and ECR 1-day events in fall and spring.

TMO Supporting Vendors