The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Saw this BMR watts link today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Be nice to hear if it brought down lap times for some one, its half the price of the cortex unit I was thinking of. Boy making these cars faster is getting expensive..... like and addiction :'(

The bolt-on jacking rails for the 2015+ cars look interesting.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1564&superpro=0

CJR001_image1_large.jpg

BMRTech

Supporting Vendor
Yes, we released them. Finally!

Here is a thread on S197 that should be a good read for people considering it.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123869&highlight=bmr

The thread starter is pretty analytical, and very observant of his mods. I look forward to what he has to say once he puts it to the test.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The video of the installs are quite clear and the watts look good. Really looking forward to seeing how the car handles to see whether its worth it or not. Do the GTS cars have a three link or Watts?

Mad Hatter said:
Be nice to hear if it brought down lap times for some one, its half the price of the cortex unit I was thinking of. Boy making these cars faster is getting expensive..... like and addiction :'(

I understand this is better than a panhard rod because the center of the axle never moves left to right.. but doesn't that also mean the panhard bar is better around left turns because the rear wheel stick out more and braces the car? and same logic the rt. hand turns would be worse with the PHR because the wheel is moving inboard making the car roll more.

sounds like biggest difference would be control over curbs and S-turns, no unwanted random feeling rear wheel shuttling back and forth.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
BMRTech said:
Yes, we released them. Finally!

Here is a thread on S197 that should be a good read for people considering it.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123869&highlight=bmr

The thread starter is pretty analytical, and very observant of his mods. I look forward to what he has to say once he puts it to the test.

:mad: need to sign up to read a post !!!
Is this trade secret stuff ? ::)

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
Words don't do a watt's link justice when compared to the stock PH bar. We have a bumpy track and I haven't tried an aftermarket PH bar with stiffer bushings. With that said, switching to a Watt's link was like night and day for me. I don't think I'm significantly faster with it, if it all, but I can't confirm since I didn't time myself before switching but the car feels far more planted and the rear end movements are a lot more predictable over bumps. It was worth every penny.

domesticpower said:
Words don't do a watt's link justice when compared to the stock PH bar. We have a bumpy track and I haven't tried an aftermarket PH bar with stiffer bushings. With that said, switching to a Watt's link was like night and day for me. I don't think I'm significantly faster with it, if it all, since I didn't time myself before switching but the car feels far more planted and the rear end movements are a lot more predictable over bumps. It was worth every penny.

I am thinking about it since there is a slight mound right at the start of the straight at Thompson, which is my closest track. I could feel the back end move sideways when cresting it and it was scary. I could get on the throttle sooner if I felt better in that spot.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
WinterSucks said:
I am thinking about it since there is a slight mound right at the start of the straight at Thompson, which is my closest track. I could feel the back end move sideways when cresting it and it was scary. I could get on the throttle sooner if I felt better in that spot.

I would say go for it if your budget allows. I can relate as we have a good size dip on our back straight that the car goes through somewhere between 90-100 mph. The elimination of the (albeit small in magnitude) side-to-side movement at those speeds was immediately noticeable and gives far more confidence in staying flat out.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Installed the BMR WAtts Link, threw on the FRPP BOSS 302S differential cover, changed out the bearing and changed the fluid. Too snowy and cold to test it out.

2012%20Boss%20302%201114_zpsuotp4xjn.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel