The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

say what you want, the kid can drive pretty good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotta wheel sawing there. Were you fighting understeer? Damn good driving though.

The bottom vid is in the rain at VIR, the top was at the runoffs, (sears point) he was taking the left , after the pits at 150mph..that probably had something to do with it. Also, the first lap is sort of the temperature lap, the second is to find a hole, the third is the money shot and the 4th is pretty much the cool down. If you run more than 5 laps in qualifying, it's not going to go any faster, and you're out of tire.

That would be with the F500#/R300# spring setup??? Would I be right in guessing that the 1:37 lap time would be good time for a Porshe gt3 cup??

oohh not sure, this car was in SCCA GT2 trim..splitter, big wang and all. Not sure what the numbers were.

1:38.5 was the fastest GT3 cup lap in 2018, so about the same time..at about 1/3 the cost

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thats the fastest video I have seen for Sonoma....
Looks faster then the red full Cortex notchback mustang me thinks.....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don't think he posted both vids

*ahem*

https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...rre-gets-even-more-bizarre.14748/#post-219682

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/sonoma-gt2-qualifing.14171/

:D

I am supposed to be watching what's posted here. ;)

And I refer people to the Sonoma video frequently when I'm trying to describe what driving looks like with a real pro behind the wheel. Great stuff, and priceless when you consider that it's in a similar production based car.

Unfortunately, many or most people don't know what they're looking at...

I haven't had a chance to really watch the VIR one yet as it was posted while I was busy surfing...or golfing. A couple of other things I've gotten worse at over the years.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel