The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Scammed Buying New Ford Mustang GT FP 2018 Half Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Germany
So Recently I purchased a new Ford Mustang GT 2018 FP Half Shaft and got scammed. With the information I've received from Ford Engineers and other Experts I was able to put together how The Reseller ( a popular one ) and most likely some other bad actors with old stock (2015-2016 FP Half Shafts) are scamming Ford Consumers.

In 2018 Ford updated their Half shaft so the boot would not rub against the Strut. This minor update meant this part would still work on older models 2015-2021, they updated the Colour to Black and Blue so you can easily distinguish the part. Unfortunately, Merchants Like The Reseller are selling older 2015-2016 parts falsely using pictures of the newer model seen in the newer 2018+ models, however, ripping off ford customer by sending the older model without the update fitment, then playing dumb when the dealership contacts to confirm the part doesn't fit and it says it’s for 2015-2016, not 2018. Again, the newer models are Black with a Blue Center and don't rub struts on 2018-2021 and happen to work for 2015-2017. But the ones manufactured 2015-2016 will not fit property on stock base 2018-2021 Gt's. If you order from The Reseller be careful since he is likely pulling this scam on other parts with minor updates on 2018+ GT's that were made to be backwards compatible, since this is a good way to get rid of old stock. Since I'm in an area with pretty bad speed bumps, I cannot lower my car. But after testing it seems lowering your car gives you a pretty small clearance, so some people have probably accepted this none the wiser of they’re not running the newer half shaft which according to FP has even strong billet parts then the older version. Not sure how many people had this issue since so many people lower their car or have might have done unsafe modifications to make it work. But I think it’s important for everyone to know straight up that ford has updated there newer 2018+ performance half shafts, yes they have made them backwards compatible and no the ones made in 2015-2016 are not designed to give the proper clearance for 2018+ mustangs. To make matters worse the Reseller is not taking responsibility here and this has been a pretty costly scam they pulled on me and most likely anyone else who happens to buy one from them while they still are trying to get rid of their older stock.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors