The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCCA Time Trials Nationals Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just registered for the SCCA's Time Trials Nationals Tour event at Thunderhill Raceway in April. It's a fairly new type of event for the SCCA and differs from typical time trials/time attack events in that entrants get points for not only how well they do lap time-wise in their class but also on how well they do on closed segments of the track (kind of like a hill climb style thing). It's supposed to be more of an "experiential" type of event rather than a purely competitive one. There will be nine events across the country in 2019 and the one at Thunderhill (northern California) will be the first for the year.

This will be my first time doing this. Sounds like fun. The rules seems to be evolving and can be found here: https://timetrials.scca.com

Has anyone here done one of these events or planning to do so?

I will be there with Racers360! It sounds like an awesome evolution and its a series I know SCCA is very focused on. I think Time Trials is the perfect solution for creating a competitive environment that engages quite a wide range of drivers. Plus a social aspect to making sure the weekends stay fun is what makes these events special.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am a member of both SCCA and NASA , and you can't go wrong participating with either. As Dion noted, good way to get started and the social aspect with fellow Petrolheads, Motorheads, Machineheads and Gearheads, can't be all bad ---- especially since you are just a bit North of the most respected Wine Country in the US, ha,ha!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel