The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Scheduled first ever track time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
From what others here have said, RA is very hard on brakes. Make sure you have cooling ducts installed and flush your OEM brake fluid out for a racing-grade DOT4 fluid.

Approach "The Kink" with caution and build speed gradually lap after lap.

Bring food & water, or money for food & water.
Don't forget your helmet.
Leave all the crap in your car at home, or it will sit in the parking lot all day.
Having at least Dot 4 fluid, brake cooling, and some decent pads will make the last few laps more enjoyable for you.

Its not a race, have fun and listen to the advice of the instructor/other drivers. They are all good people who want you to be a part of their hobby/sport.

prepare to get home, take a shower and then sit in front of your computer with a credit card to order brake upgrades before the next track day.

I think it’s worthwhile to check to date of mfg on your tires. You don’t want to hit the track on old tires even if they appear to be brand new....

Good luck with your first track day!
I am new to the forums and will be participating in my first track day soon as well (Auto Club Speedway Infield).

I am doing an oil change, flush with DOT4, G-loc pads, and a BF front tow hook.
Thanks to extensive reading of this forum and other resources I feel a little better about being prepared.
The only other track experience I have is the Skip Barber 3-day school.

I always stick to a Kind bar or protein shake before sports, so I guess it makes sense for the track as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel