The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Schroth ASM 4-point with rear seat delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had my 4-point Schroth belt in my '16 350, but now I have a '17 R with the rear seat delete. I'm thinking that there is no way to mount the belts without altering the factory delete panel? Suggestions?

Bay Area
IIRC, you shouldn’t have to cut the panels unless you’re installing a 4 point in. I have a sub belt mount in mine and they hook right up. Then I’m assuming you’re not putting a 4 point so you can get away with installing a harness bar.

I would like to use the 4-point in my R, but without the rear seat and factory seat belt hook ups, I'm wondering how.

Buy a set of take off rear seat belts. Several members have removed them and might sell them.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Just found this thread. Nobdy to help. Figures. Lol.
My search goes on...

Jesus, passive-aggressive much? The last 3 posters gave perfectly good answers. Did you want them to come over and install it for you?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fresno, ca
Jesus, passive-aggressive much? The last 3 posters gave perfectly good answers. Did you want them to come over and install it for you?
Holy crap you upset easily, don't you? Apparently I should have made the "LOL" bigger.

The 350R doesn't have the same rear seat belt mount points the non R has.
I had to get creative.

But thank you for your input.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Holy crap you upset easily, don't you? Apparently I should have made the "LOL" bigger.

The 350R doesn't have the same rear seat belt mount points the non R has.
I had to get creative.

But thank you for your input.

I don't know where you got that I was upset. Your post was ridiculous and I was mocking you. Those two things are not the same. Whether or not your car has the seat belt mounts, there are commonly available options to facilitate the installation from Watson, BMR, etc.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fresno, ca
I don't know where you got that I was upset. Your post was ridiculous and I was mocking you. Those two things are not the same. Whether or not your car has the seat belt mounts, there are commonly available options to facilitate the installation from Watson, BMR, etc.

Ah. You're one of those guys. Noted and thanks, again.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fresno, ca
A 350R should have the same as any s550

I assumed there should be no difference in pans. It would make no sense. The spot where it looks the female side of the buckle mounts isn't threaded on mine (it's possible I was advised to use the wrong spot). I did find a larger hole to use that was in close proximity. I even lucked out and had a bolt to fit. Not where I wanted but works.
I did find a spot, for where I assume the male side of the OEM seatbelt attaches, that also seem okay. Both are solid.
Ended up with this as a test fit.
It's also possible that I am missing something super obvious, as I have been working with a serious sleep deficit, so my brain is at about 25% right now. 😂

20220203_162248.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I put a set of the 4 points in my daughters car. One shoulder belt clipped into the rear seat belt which came through the cushions. The other went to the shoulder belt pivot over the outbound shoulder. Center piece you have mounted looks correct. The other, outbound would go to the C pillar, between the back window and the side window, not in the floor pan like the picture shows. The way you have the outside hardware mounted the metal "Adapter" with the bolt through it will likely bend. Mounted high and with the bolt level to the ground the adapter should be oriented correctly.

GT350R rear seat 2.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fresno, ca
As per any harness I've ever installed, the shoulder strap needs to be at a certain angle.
But....
I just looked at the inspections again and it's looks like you are right: you don't need the same angles as a regular harness. I CAN use the higher mount on the C-pillar. Crazy!
I'm gonna go fix that right now.
Thank you for the advice!

Edit: looks like I should be going here. I found the hole under a round piece of tape. I am good to go, thank you for the help!

Screenshot_20220204-160545_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel