The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Schroth belt install GT350 R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Ware Ma
I am installing Schroth quick clip else in my 2020 GT 350 R.I’ve installed a set on a 2016 GT 350 and a 2016 GT 350 R.
When attempting to install the rear male belt clip supplied by Shroff there is no mounting point that has been tapped out by the factory. The whole is there but before I do anything I may regret has anyone heard of this issue

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Ware Ma
I’m sorry I actually meant to say their hole is not threaded from the factory. Should I just do it myself

MD
Can't help with your question but if this is for the quickfit harnesses, you'll need a 2015-17 female seat belt attachment. The part changed in 2018 and the quickfit male attachment is 2015-17 spec.

You are correct: the hole is not threaded from the factory. I spoke to Ford Performance when installing a rear seat hit in my 2016.

The bolts are self-tapping. This is standard provider in mass produced vehicles per the guys at FP.

I am installing Schroth quick clip else in my 2020 GT 350 R.I’ve installed a set on a 2016 GT 350 and a 2016 GT 350 R.
When attempting to install the rear male belt clip supplied by Shroff there is no mounting point that has been tapped out by the factory. The whole is there but before I do anything I may regret has anyone heard of this issue
I installed the Schroth Quick Fit Pro my 2018 GT350R. I purchased a 2017 rear seat buckle (P/N FR3Z-6360044-AB) and a set of self-tapping Torx-50 bolts (P/N W700883-S450B) which come in a bag of 4. The bolt holes for the rear seatbelt receptacles are under the rear seat delete cover, which is easily removed, but you will need to make holes through it for the new harness connections to pass through. I used a 1-1/2" circle saw bit to make two clean cuts.

I also ordered an anti-sub belt from HMS Motorsport because I think the waist belt rides up too much when you use the Hans device.

TMO Supporting Vendors