The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Schroth SHR Flex Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seriously considering this for neck restraint.

I'm nearing the point of being able to remove the stock seat and belts in favor of roll bar, harnesses, and racing seat. During this transition, I'm also going to invest in neck restraint.

While doing some online research, the Schroth unit is very appealing.

Looking for feedback from anyone using the SHR Flex?

I just got one last week so I can't tell you how it feels in the car. But I can tell you it felt great around my neck and I liked how the flexible arms adjusted to my chest and movement. With my helmet on it was comfortable so all that is left is to get in my race seat and put the belts on. Probably won't have time until after the holiday.

Bought the large size towards the end of the season and used it for 4 days. When on track I don't notice it. I'm a medium frame and 17" neck. Good head movement front to back and good side to side movement. My helmet will begin to hit the collar when my head is twisted about 70 degrees.

My buddy tried mine on and he was happy with it and is picking one up for 2019 season.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Went with the Hans Sport III and have tried it on but not yet on the track. Tried the setup in the car this morning and it's not as restricted as I thought it would be. Comfort doesn't seem to be much of an issue. My only concern is the slack it the strap that attaches to the helmet. Just how much play moving forward should there be?

Last edited:
Thank you all for the great feedback!

I'm large frame with a 19.5 inch neck, appears this unit should work for me.

All the above feedback is what I was looking for! Particularly statements like not noticing it's on.

Went with the Hans Sport III and have tried it on but not yet on the track. Tried the setup in the car this morning and it's not as restricted as I thought it would be. Comfort doesn't seem to be much of an issue. My only concern is the slack it the strap that attaches to the helmet. Just how much play moving forward should there be?
You should check with Hans but as long as your chin or helmet isn’t hitting you chest you should be fine. There are some fitment videos on YouTube.

TMO Supporting Vendors