The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCMC Superfest at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The annual SCMC Superfest is April 22 - 24, 2016. The Fest will consist of three days of open track running the VIR full course.

In addition there will be an SVT, Shelby, Mustang, and Ford Show, Friday night social cookout, and a Saturday night banquet with guest speaker. The guest speaker will be Frank Moriarity, author of "Iron Fist Lead Foot", the Terminator story.

Also available will be on site karting, skeet shooting, spa services, portable dyno by Pro-Dyno, and more.

If you mail in a check, the cost for three days of track time is $595.00. There are options for online payment as well as one, two day, and hyper drive registrations.

There is a $25.00 discount per person you bring. Must be a new person that has never been to any SCMC events. This offer applies to any run group / skill level.

For more information see: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374

Like Winterfest, this is one of my favorite track weekends of the year. I am registered for Friday through Sunday and hope to see other board members at the event.

attachment_zpsorr6jxhl.jpg

I admit that the hotel options are a little harder to find a good rate compared to past Superfest events. However, I found the following rates:

The Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston is showing rooms available for $99 / night.

The Courtyard in Danville has rooms starting at $113 / night.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Reidsville has rooms starting at $116.63 / night.

There are several Marriot chain hotels in Greensboro ranging from $96 to $119 / night.

Update: There is a $25.00 discount per person you bring. Must be a new person that has never been to any SCMC events. This offer applies to any run group / skill level.

I have a hotel reservation in town, but as said the rates are really jacked up.

Still deciding if I want to sign up this year or not.

May just do Fri-Sat since the prices all around are jacked up. :(

I've signed up for the full three days, as well. It is an expensive event, considering the lodging and all the consumables... but it always ends up being worth it. Kind of interested to see how the Ferrari races impact the event.

F.D. Sako said:
I've signed up for the full three days, as well. It is an expensive event, considering the lodging and all the consumables... but it always ends up being worth it. Kind of interested to see how the Ferrari races impact the event.

I am also interested to see if the Ferrari Challenge race impacts the schedule. If it does, I would suggest to the event coordinators to combine the instructor and advanced groups like they did at Winterfest.

Either Friday or Saturday. A lot of people leave mid-day Sunday, so you miss the end of day activities.

Anyone looking for a place to stay at a reasonable price should check out www. VRBO.com. It's a house rental site with several options near the track. A few of us got a place at nearby lake for $180 per night. I recall seeing a few other places for similar pricing.

See everyone in a few weeks!

TMO Supporting Vendors