The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCMC Superfest at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for including me in the photo!! Hope you enjoyed the event. I think the problem with the hotels was that Danville had three events going on that weekend which filled a lot of the other hotels. Next year, there will be no blocking of rooms for either party. My advice to you is to make your reservations on January 2, 2017 if you want to stay on track.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Cobrabitn said:
Thanks for including me in the photo!! Hope you enjoyed the event. I think the problem with the hotels was that Danville had three events going on that weekend which filled a lot of the other hotels. Next year, there will be no blocking of rooms for either party. My advice to you is to make your reservations on January 2, 2017 if you want to stay on track.

Thanks for the great show Tony. The Ferrari group had no impact on our track time which was from great planning by you and the team. Like I told you yesterday we welcome all track and Mustang enthusiasts here. This is a no BS forum here and we bring that attitude to the events we participate in, always ready to share information or lend a helping hand when needed. I have met some of the best friends I have ever had through this group and our sport and consider you one of them.
I will see you in the fall and encourage all members here to join us and the Shelby Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) at VIR in October for Fall Fest, you will get more track time than you can handle at one of the finest road courses in the US.
Steve

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
VoodooBOSS said:
Great shot. @pufferfish how did the new motor work?
Brilliant power curve, but not without issue. I will discuss further on the build thread in a bit.

But, despite deciding to not risk failure and stay off track from saturday afternoon and on, it was a fantastic weekend with fantastic friends! Sean and Bill both trusted me with their cars for a session and it was a lot of fun to experience suspension, power and braking differences of the same chassis and be able to offer my input afterwards. So, thank you both for the opportunity. Nick, any time you want me to evaluate that black beauty, just call;)

It was great seeing all the TMO members there this past weekend. I've paid the price this week (hell week at work) for having fun, but will do it again the next opportunity. Time to change all the fluids and setup a full 3 degrees of negative camber on the front wheels for the next track weekend. Even taking a look at the Cortex Cambered rear axle. That just might be next winters project! ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel