The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

sct question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FedEx just delivered my sct tuner but the cai will not be in till next week.It is part#3000. I know steeda downloaded a custom tune for the cai,my curiosity question is there is also a 93 octane tune installed in the tuner. Could it be used for the boss engine or is it only for the gt's?. Sat. night,steeda is closed if nobody knows,I will call them monday morning. They did ask for my pcm number,that is all I know.

That is what I'm trying to find out,if there are boss tunes pre-loaded on it,like a 93 octane tune? Sct web site is way out dated,It goes back a few years but nothing 2012 or 2013. Disappointed in their web site.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
mine is fully up to date software and firmware and says cars not supported when I try to load a sct tune....called sct and they said they have tunes for bosses and that mine should work....

Got my answer from steeda this morning,if I didn't request other tunes when I ordered,the only one is a custom tune for the cai which will be here by the end of the week. Hate waiting :(

SteedaBrandon

chefron50 said:
FedEx just delivered my sct tuner but the cai will not be in till next week.It is part#3000. I know steeda downloaded a custom tune for the cai,my curiosity question is there is also a 93 octane tune installed in the tuner. Could it be used for the boss engine or is it only for the gt's?. Sat. night,steeda is closed if nobody knows,I will call them monday morning. They did ask for my pcm number,that is all I know.
There is not. 3000s are SCT's tuners that do not include their canned tunes. So unless you got a custom tune for your specific setup (minus the CAI), I would not run it until you have the intake installed.

chefron50 said:
Got my answer from steeda this morning,if I didn't request other tunes when I ordered,the only one is a custom tune for the cai which will be here by the end of the week. Hate waiting :(
Ah, ok. Just saw your last post. Sorry about the delay, we should have those CAIs ready to ship this week!

The SCT X3 3000 is a blank tuner that you would have to upload anything on

The SCT X3 3015 has the pre-loaded tunes and yes, their is a BOSS stradegy tune. For basic things but nothing to write home about.

Why we only sell the 3015 models because its good to have the stradegy as back up for finding issues. Same price as the 3000 model

unfortunitly I got the 3000 model so I will have to buy tunes as needed. Think about it you could get dynoed for the same price and be 100% right on.

TMO Supporting Vendors