The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCT Tuner Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was in the process of updating my tune from AED when the custom tune screen asked about my choice of revs/mile which I assume is tire size. I am running both 18" slicks with an aspect of 680 and DOT's. I will run the slicks most of the time so I will tune to that size but how do I determine the correct revs?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It's best to lookup the revs/mile for your specific tire, but you can use the value from a similar diameter tire.

The Pirelli 305/680-18 is listed at 760 revs/mi.

680 is actually the nominal diameter of the tire in mm, not an aspect ratio like 30, 35, etc. So 680/25.4mm/in. = 26.77"

26.77" ~ 753 revs/mi.

I'd use 753 or 760 without the published value from the mfg. Otherwise calculate it using the exact circumference of your tires.

Honestly, I probably shouldn't really be that concerned. I will mainly be using the Boss on the track so the speedo is really not relevant.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel