The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SE Pennsylvania area track opening status

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Dirt tracks already in Yellow Zones were told they can't open until they're Green. This conflicts with the Governor telling Pocono they can have a NASCAR race if Monroe County goes to Yellow. Monroe is still in the Red Phase.

New Jersey track status is still in limbo.

Cecil County Dragway, MD was supposed to have a Test & Tune session on Wednesday May 19th but it was cancelled on May 18th on the orders of the County authorities. I don't know exactly why but Cecil was advertising a fee for drivers and spectators. I'm guessing the issue revolved around spectators.

Jwodon

Jake
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Collegeville, PA
Its getting quite ridiculous. I had an HOD event cancelled at Pocono for May 17th because the governor's office would not reply to Pocono and HOD's request for an exemption. It seems dictator Wolf cannot see that a track day is safer than travelling to your local grocery store...

Just got word that the SCCA Track Night on June 9th at Pocono has been suspended. Gov Wolf still playing politics.......no reason this event can't be held safely. PittRace had an event last weekend that went off without a hitch. SCCA said all other June Track Nights should go on as scheduled. I'm getting pretty darn fed up.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not taking any sides , but I do know some of the tracks where SCCA will be running "Track Nights" have been unable to get enough workers and primarily the safety personnel. Understandably some Ambulance Services are stretched thin or volunteering elsewhere, so this could be one of the reasons for delays around the Country. It is sure frustrating for all of us and we have tracks open here , but there has not been a worker shortage or some are allowing super low numbers to participate on track , which means Emergency Personnel are not required by insurance. This is still frustrating to folks since so few can go on track that it means essentially a group track rental - so can be pricey.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Some of the local tracks here are opening up next week. First NASA event at HPR on June 27th-28th. PPIR opens June 11th. I know it's hard to be patient but try to hang in there.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I just received info that Pocono's request to expand the 25 person limit under the anticipated "Yellow" phase for Monroe County has not yet been approved by the state. Monroe will go Yellow on June 5th and the 25 person limit includes track workers. Pocono has requested the limit be expanded to 100.

In NJ, the NJ Motorsports Coalition had a teleconference among track owners today to go over a final draft of a plan to be submitted to the state. More details at:

These Governors are obviously not noticing this flag being waved at them...

passing flag.jpg

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
At least the gov's office is talking and taking some action, up here so far the Premier just listens to the health nazis and does exactly as they tell him to do. That resulted in a hard 30 person limit, 1 person per car no spectators no passengers. They're also talking about screening people coming in, temp checks etc. Yet they allow the organizers apparently to provide lunch which will cluster everyone together in a small area. How does that make any sense? I can bring my own grub, forget lunch. These tracks have huge pit/paddock areas, I just do not understand their thinking that 30 people is all that is safe. And these are rural tracks where the incidence of the Wuhan flu has been practically zero. It's a start, but not a very good one.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I just got an email from the organizer of a track day at NJMP on July 5th for which I'm registered. He basically said the event is limited to 50 bodies so not even crew is allowed. The good thing is that number does not seem to include the track workers.

I am also registered for an SCCA TNiA event at NJMP on June 23rd. I haven't heard anything from them. I hope their breakeven point is less than 50.

It's all very confusing since Atco Dragway had an event this weekend and they had separate $15 fee for family or crew and I'm from what pics I've seen I'm pretty sure there were a lot more than 50 people there.

TMO Supporting Vendors