The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Seat question, FIA certified? or not that important.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You act surprised that I already know, ha, ha!! The Chilean Malbecs are frankly World renowned in many folks minds. Though I have to admit most of the wines from there I do not like Chile, er, chilly.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Oddly enough, most of the wines exported to the US are kind of crappy, Lots goes to China and Europe, and some of those are real gems. For the Malbecs, Argentina is the hot spot right now.

I am a huge cab fan! always with a nice big chunk of barbecued rib eye (Argentinian!!, the cows here in Chile are too dam fit...)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I knew the press on Argentinian Malbes was big, but have a good friend who swears by some Chilean ones. I am not a big Malbec fan myself, so have to admit I am going with the flow , there. Like you I prefer Cabs, and I have had a few very palatable ones from Chile. Guess I need a few recommendations from the MadWino now, so I can make sure I am not wasting my funds on subpar Chilean Vino?!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Lol,,,, I wish!! The only sponser I have managed to get is a Lube shop that supplies me with Mobil 1. Which is great since the cars uses 15L per oil change now. I think it will be over 16L soon.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What a whiner, er Winer. You might actually want to approach them as an acquaintance has a Vintner for a sponsor and after the event said driver offers some samples. With the relaxation and socializing after a race , you might find the Winery might be open to a small sponsorship ( I would suggest your entry fees ). After the race you could conduct an impromptu wine tasting at the conclusion of Saturday's races for example.

Heh, you never know , Poster Boy, remember you have a flyer to show them how popular and influential a racer you are!! Heck, tell them folks in the US even request signed race posters from you, ha.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Careful, its all going to go to my head! But no worries will be humbled soon...Next year it's off to the Pro category.... I am about 100 hp short and 200kg heavy compared too the competition.... need steroids and a diet.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am not sure , though a seat slider is often shown as an option with Sparco FIA approved seats, so could be okay? The question is tough , as rules for FIA Sanctioned Races are likely not completely the same as SCCA or NASA or other governing bodies I would imagine? Might have to actually reach out to the World Organization or verify with the Rep you have there.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I do know guys with adjustable seats , but I guess I am not positive they are legal -- things change so often with every sanctioning body one often could get caught in midstream.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel