The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sebring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is a test days 16 and 17th for the new TUDOR cars, no CTSCC. I still may take a ride up there to check it out since it is so close. Anyone else plan to go let me know.

The following Friday, Saturday and Sunday is a race and DE with the North American Road Racing group. I plan to run this with the Boss.

Scott I was thinking about running over there on Saturday, but I called and it's a closed test, so no spectators.

Do you have a friend on a team that can get you in?

Doug

Berol said:
Is this in November, or another month?

This month.

Doug, I had not called since I was going to be there this weekend and planned to ask someone about the test days. It is on the front page of the new website, you would figure if they put it there the public would be invited? Guess that one is out now, I do know a German team (shop is next to Racers Edge) that run a GT Rolex car but I do not even know if they will be attending this test. It's no big deal, if the Conti series was testing I would be more interested in getting in.

YellowBoss said:
This month.

Doug, I had not called since I was going to be there this weekend and planned to ask someone about the test days. It is on the front page of the new website, you would figure if they put it there the public would be invited? Guess that one is out now, I do know a German team (shop is next to Racers Edge) that run a GT Rolex car but I do not even know if they will be attending this test. It's no big deal, if the Conti series was testing I would be more interested in getting in.

there might be sometime in Nov/ Dec I haven't heard when yet and don't know the specifics.

blacksheep-1 said:
there might be sometime in Nov/ Dec I haven't heard when yet and don't know the specifics.

That sounds good, let us know what you hear. I know some teams have been doing private rentals and there is a NARRA event coming up in two weeks at Sebring. I am heading to that since the have a DE group, they should have a race prepared class for practice, they will not be "racing" from what I understand but it will be like a Grand Am pre-race practice. It is possible some teams may show up.

Too bad it is not all one class, been lucky enough to have run with some Grand Am cars testing down here. Needless to say it was a blast being on track with them - and watching them blow by me like I was standing still :D

19_zpsbc9bb583.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg

08 Rebel Rock Porsche behind me
IMG_1195.jpg

It's open, I called the guys from the one team I know. He said they are charging 10 bucks at the gate and there are 35 cars testing. I think I will check it out tomorrow.

Boss_302 said:
Well now I don't know what to do looks like Rich G is racing Trans Am at Daytona this weekend also...........
Yep, unfortunately he blew the motor first practice in the rain today. They are going to put a backup in at Deland this evening. Sebring Sat and Daytona Sun (for the race itself), get you fill of racing in one weekend.

Is there anything going on in December that I can check out? I'm flying back to the states on the 2nd and would like to make the trip if there's something going on.

Zoldier said:
Is there anything going on in December that I can check out? I'm flying back to the states on the 2nd and would like to make the trip if there's something going on.

Eddie there is not too much happening in December. There is the Daytona Audi Club DE going on 6, 7, and 8. As far as professional racing there is nothing I am aware of until the roar before on Jan. 3, 4 and 5. The following week is PBOC Winterfest at Sebring, DE and Racing. I expect to see some Grand Am teams there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took a ride to the track today, as I was told it's $10 at the gate but they are not letting general public inside to the paddock and pits. Some cars were running Contis and some were on the Michelin tires. I asked about that and the teams don't know all the rules yet for this year. Only Hoosier was there with the Conti tires. I took only a few pics, if there were Boss 302s there I would have been more interested and taken more pictures. There was an Astin I did not get and pictures of

Best part of the day was getting to meet Billy Johnson. He is a real nice kid and got the impression he is sad about leaving Roush since they will not be running this series. I also saw Ian James name on a GT Porsche car but did not speak with him. Someone on that team told me he was not going to run the Continental Sport Car series this year. That would leave the 158 car wide open if true, it would be nice to that car continue to run.

CIMG4382_zps02d0a428.png
CIMG4381_zps8e2bd963.png
CIMG4379_zps8b4b5603.png
CIMG4378_zps0c2a7666.png

Thanks Scott. I've been looking around local sites to see if there were any other events I could go out to. I need to do some work to the vette before I take it out to a track day but I was hoping I could maybe find an autocross or something. I thought I saw something at Daytona but cant find it now. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till the summer when I get the boss back home.

Eddie, the 6, 7, 8 Daytona DE event will have some site members attending. Dean#4AI, Berol, JAS427 all have said they will be there, I am not sure if I will make it.
more info here
http://www.audiclubohiovalley.org/profiles/blogs/audi-club-at-daytona-international-speedway
and trackweekend.com will have other local events listed.

Steve, I don't know much about what is going on, some of it is guessing, some from what I heard watching the races and a one or two things straight from a team.

Racers Edge will field one car, the 78, maybe two but the 05 is for sale.
Phoenix is suppose to have one maybe two cars from this site. Member Blacksheep may know better about all of this.
I heard that Dean will be running the Rehagen 52, not sure who will be the opener.
I have heard that Multimatic will be running the Mustang all season, we can assume they will be doing testing for the new Mustang, however I'm not sure how testing new parts or whatever would fit into current rules. It is possible that the 2015 Mustang will have a V8 based on the Coyote.
The Dempsey/Miller 158 was suppose to run this year, this is what was said during a race broadcast, that Roger's wife wanted the car to continue running. What I heard yesterday could be far from the truth because they even called some people about being the opener for Ian.
The rest is just guessing on my part but I would expect to see Jim Click's 2 car running and there are always a few other Mustang entries at Daytona that do not run the entire season.

Losing Billy is a big deal for the Mustang but there is still many drivers capable of putting the Mustang in the winners circle.

TMO Supporting Vendors