The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Gear syncro TSB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did get it, I'll see about posting it this week.

Sucks that it's only a Canadian thing though. I talked to my local manager and he seems open minded but needs to duplicate issues (mine are very random and intermittent). So we'll see where it goes.

I talked to my dealer and they have already done this twice with 2 other BOSS 302's. One was a 2012 Laguna Seca and the other a 2013.
They said they would have the mechanic who did the others test drive mine and see if it showed the same symptoms... if it does they would go ahead and contact Ford Racing and get approval for doing the warranty work. If it didn't show the symptoms, then they wouldn't be able to establish enough information to have Ford Racing Warranty the issue.
Apparently Ford Racing has been turning down allot of warranty work on BOSS 302's lately...

So I got it fixed last week and let me tell you it shifts like butter now. I havent done any high RPM shifts yet, but it only did it in normal driving for me. I will be adding the BF shifter bracket in the spring and then git the drags again. The nibble on cold shifts from 1-2 is gone. It happened every time in the morning before.
My hope in posting this was to help anyone who had this problem. Good luck guys, it was worth the week of down time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel