The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think the Q2 allocations will be delayed but that didn't stop me from sending an email to my dealer this evening for my first update in almost two months. I promised the sales manager I would not bug him until April 1st so I only fudged by a couple of days. ;D

So who else has a second quarter allocation? Post any news in this thread.

It really sounds like this will be a bad year of delays. They are having problems again with trucks also. Too bad as it could have been a great year for Ford but looks like they cut the supply line too short and other things beyond their control didn't help.

I hope you will see your car soon, just try not to biznitch as much as the first quarter guys did ::)

I'm a second quarter guy as well. I'm not expecting to see the car until July so if it gets here any earlier, I'll be surprised.

I figure I've got many years to enjoy it so why stress over a few months?

Q2 here as well. Dealer did tell me right up front that it was supposed to be a May build, so as anxious as I am, I am keeping it under control for now. Of course, come April 1st, I shall be obliged to start "pinging" them ;D

Same for me - May build, but as of yesterday it hasn't been scheduled yet. My dealer is a pretty small one, but well established and not so long ago was the exclusive Roush and Saleen dealer in Southeast MN. But I'm willing to bet that some of you other folks are going through much larger dealers and might hear of your progress before I do. Keep the info flowing!

That is what my dealer told me back when they confirmed they'd got 1 allocation in the lottery. At the time he said mine would be a second phase (I assume he meant second quarter) with a May build date and delivery in mid-summer. That's what I've been going on to date.

I would have not bothered my dealer until April 1st, but I had to call him and bug him every couple of weeks to finally find out yesterday that I'm looking at an April build. Now I'll wait 3 weeks and start asking for my vin!

5 DOT 0 said:
Jza1736 said:
I would have not bothered my dealer until April 1st, but I had to call him and bug him every couple of weeks to finally find out yesterday that I'm looking at an April build. Now I'll wait 3 weeks and start asking for my vin!
How does he know if it's an April build?
Dealers know upcoming allocation through the scheduling system. I would also assume that the zone reps are keeping the dealers apprised of the allocation status for the Bosses.

This is a shot of what a dealer can see in the dealer scheduling system. The shot is of 4-2011 which means April '11. The sheet for 5-2011 is just starting to populate but as I'm sure you're aware things are up in the air with the Japan situation..

Unfortunately this isn't my dealer, but it's one of the biggest in my region and I'm considering hedging my bets and putting an order in there seeing the allocation is much better than mine. Also bear in mind that these numbers can move depending on the situation. Right now we're pulling week 13.

svs.jpg

I've been busting his chops every 2-3 weeks for his quarter allocation. Then when i asked for my deposit back, he tells me it's an April build. Now if it's an April build, shouldn't he have the vin already? I called FCS and they can't see any info in the system and are escalating a claim. So, hopefully they will contact me with some info. The FCS rep Carmen, was very helpful and tried Everything! No new info but she tried!

Jza1736 said:
I've been busting his chops every 2-3 weeks for his quarter allocation. Then when i asked for my deposit back, he tells me it's an April build. Now if it's an April build, shouldn't he have the vin already? I called FCS and they can't see any info in the system and are escalating a claim. So, hopefully they will contact me with some info. The FCS rep Carmen, was very helpful and tried Everything! No new info but she tried!

In theory, they probably should have it for an April build. But in regards to builds and April being the 2nd quarter of the calendar... There are still people with first quarter builds who are scheduled in April. So the system(due to shortages and what not) is behind in regards to everything for scheduling. So he wouldn't necessarily have the VIN yet because the car could still be a ways out.

The scheduling delays aren't limited to Bosses. My dealership's allocation slot was this week where they should have either pulled my order or the order in front of mine and they pulled neither. I've looked at multiple dealerships' order banks even some of the largest in the US and Canada and NOT ONE had a Mustang order serialized this week as of the time of this writing, not a Boss nor a GT nor a V6. It's almost like they've temporarily frozen Mustang scheduling for this week.

This isn't the first time this has happened but it is the first time there wasn't a communication letter warning of it coming or a letter explaining why it happened.

OAC_Sparky said:
This is a shot of what a dealer can see in the dealer scheduling system. The shot is of 4-2011 which means April '11. The sheet for 5-2011 is just starting to populate but as I'm sure you're aware things are up in the air with the Japan situation..

Unfortunately this isn't my dealer, but it's one of the biggest in my region and I'm considering hedging my bets and putting an order in there seeing the allocation is much better than mine. Also bear in mind that these numbers can move depending on the situation. Right now we're pulling week 13.

svs.jpg

Help me understand the report, Matt - does this dealer have ten LS allocations for one week?

Vince said:
Help me understand the report, Matt - does this dealer have ten LS allocations for one week?
TBH I've not seen this before; but the "total" allocation for the week is 10 so I'd assume that they can get up to 10 cars of whatever combination pulled; however, this dealer is also a huge fleet dealer and they have a 30-something GT fleet order so it's possible that this could be part of that allocation.

Chances are it's just a number so that if they have 1 or 2 LSs in the order banks they'll get pulled. I would have a hard time believing that they'd put an order for 10 LS Bosses even if they could get it -- it's a $56000 car here.

TMO Supporting Vendors